What's new

Canon?

They state possible frame rates of 12-14 per second.. HOLY SH**. Either way, i guess we will wait and see
 
16-18 mp full frame ( not 40 mp). Now Canon really getting clever. With the improvements in ISO handling and that this should be able to give some great low light ability.
 
Hmmm... I did see this, and there are a couple of flaws I reckon. Firstly - and most importantly - I can't see there being any chance of Canon replacing the 1D mark IV within 2 years of releasing it, just wouldn't make economic sense. If indeed it's FF with anywhere near 10 fps and 18 ish MP then it's not a replacement for the 1Ds mark III either, and given Canon's pricing history that's the kind of price point they'd be hitting. Only way I could see it working is if they can do all of the above but bump up the MP to 21+, making it a direct-ish replacement for the 1Ds.
 
Wow, if this is REAL. Nice one Canon, that camera has some really killer specs. Seems Canon are ready to come back at Nikon if this is true, they obviously know they need to do something about the D3S being as unbelievably good as is it.
 
If Canon is doing this, imagine what Nikon has up their sleeve for the coming months and year. Canon finally targets the D3s after two years, but it's all in vain. The D4 will be coming out shortly. As will the D800 (and probably D800s), so Nikon will still be ahead of Canon in every aspect, having clobbered their new 1D model with the D4, and the 5DIII with the D800(s). :mrgreen:

Mark
 
If Canon is doing this, imagine what Nikon has up their sleeve for the coming months and year. Canon finally targets the D3s after two years, but it's all in vain. The D4 will be coming out shortly. As will the D800 (and probably D800s), so Nikon will still be ahead of Canon in every aspect, having clobbered their new 1D model with the D4, and the 5DIII with the D800(s). :mrgreen:

Mark

I think I'm beginning to realise that this d800 which is said to be the replacement for the D700 will actually be the replacement for the D3X, I think some product renaming is going on. It would be funny though, if Canon lower the Megapixels in their next FF models and Nikon raise theirs to 36MP. Then everyone will be saying 'Oh Nikon are always chasing megapixels' instead of Canon doing so. More ironic things have happened I guess! haha.

I really don't know what Canon will do with their 5D Mark III, obviously this one will probably have alot more pixels. But will they now sort out the autofocus and give it decent build quality? If they actually do this, Canon will have a real winner on their hands. But I guess if they do this, it may also rise the price from the more economical 5D Mark II. I have a feeling Canon will make a strong comeback as they know they need too, they are superior to Nikon in terms of Video still but in all the other areas Nikon have pulled ahead 'Very slightly'.
 
If Canon is doing this, imagine what Nikon has up their sleeve for the coming months and year. Canon finally targets the D3s after two years, but it's all in vain. The D4 will be coming out shortly. As will the D800 (and probably D800s), so Nikon will still be ahead of Canon in every aspect, having clobbered their new 1D model with the D4, and the 5DIII with the D800(s). :mrgreen:

Mark

USA! USA! USA!
 
If Canon is doing this, imagine what Nikon has up their sleeve for the coming months and year. Canon finally targets the D3s after two years, but it's all in vain. The D4 will be coming out shortly. As will the D800 (and probably D800s), so Nikon will still be ahead of Canon in every aspect, having clobbered their new 1D model with the D4, and the 5DIII with the D800(s). :mrgreen:

Mark
Comparing not released cameras, just WOW. Man, it seems brainwashing is indeed a reality.
 
Hmmm... I did see this, and there are a couple of flaws I reckon. Firstly - and most importantly - I can't see there being any chance of Canon replacing the 1D mark IV within 2 years of releasing it, just wouldn't make economic sense. If indeed it's FF with anywhere near 10 fps and 18 ish MP then it's not a replacement for the 1Ds mark III either, and given Canon's pricing history that's the kind of price point they'd be hitting. Only way I could see it working is if they can do all of the above but bump up the MP to 21+, making it a direct-ish replacement for the 1Ds.

I tend to agree with you. Out of the upper end bodies, the 1Ds3 is the oldest and most in need of updating. I expect the new full frame sensor to debut in that and then either trickle down to the 5D replacement at a later date or it may end up with a newer, lower mp more versatile D700ish type system in it's place. I'm hoping for the latter myself. I think it would be at least a year or two before we see anything new in the 1.3 crop 1D series.
 
Take a look at the D3s and D3x... and just wait for the D4. That's all i'm saying.
 
If Canon is doing this, imagine what Nikon has up their sleeve for the coming months and year. Canon finally targets the D3s after two years, but it's all in vain. The D4 will be coming out shortly. As will the D800 (and probably D800s), so Nikon will still be ahead of Canon in every aspect, having clobbered their new 1D model with the D4, and the 5DIII with the D800(s). :mrgreen:

Mark
Comparing not released cameras, just WOW. Man, it seems brainwashing is indeed a reality.

Canon is a generation behind. That's just how it is at the moment. 'Tis true. :D

Mark
 
Threads like this make me piss myself, what a load of bull****
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom