Flavio

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,

I have a Fuji X-T20 and just found out that I can't change the ISO while recording video. Is this common in most digital dslrs? Is this feature not important in video?

Thanks in advance!

This is what the "Exposure Compensation" ("EV") actually does, or what it used to do in a "film camera". The only difference was in the nomenclature. The "EV" numbers are relative, whereas "ISO" values are absolutes. Each increment of +1 EV doubles the sensitivity, which is like changing from ISO 400 to ISO 800.

Hello,

I have a Fuji X-T20 and just found out that I can't change the ISO while recording video. Is this common in most digital dslrs? Is this feature not important in video?

Thanks in advance!

You could set the ISO to Auto for changing scenes. I use Auto ISO for my travel videos because I am on the move and shooting the same lit scene. If you are shooting an interview where the camera is not moving then it would be better to set the ISO manually. I set the ISO manually for my interviews in the house with the grandkids. A cloud floating by can change the ISO too much it set to Auto. Same if you are outside and say someone walks by changing the amount of light. It depends on how consistent you want the video and the conditions.

On my both my Nikon Z6 and my Panasonic GX9 I can change the ISO while recording, both manually and via auto ISO. I can even change between manual and auto ISO while recording. Don't why I ever would (well, except using auto ISO), but it's nice that I can.

Are you sure your X-T20 can't do this?

Most reactions

Back