Cinematography will be changed forever!

Majeed Badizadegan

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Check out this video. It shows a new device that makes formerly impossible handheld shots a breeze.

I was extremely impressed by the roller blade shot.

[video=vimeo;63357898]http://vimeo.com/63357898[/video]

I was a bit surprised to see them using such cheap cinema lenses for this advertisement. The Zeiss CP .2 18mm was one lens used, which sells for only $3999 at Adorama, and the Canon CN-E 24mm T 1.5 at only $5,220 also from Adorama--both lenses which are priced far,far below the three different models priced at $23,275 to $44,6500 lenses in the Canon CE lineup...

Shootin' with the cheap stuff!!! Still, for a mere $21,218, plus the price of the gimbal mount, they made a pretty good ad. The only price I found on the gimbal rig was $15,000, with an upcoming budget model priced at $7,500. So, with only $36,218 in camera and two lenses, plus the gimbal gyro unit, plus the helicopter time, and the crew hours, and the production costs, they were able to create a pretty good demo of this new, small camera stabilizer.

Less money than mega-cameras the big studios use!!! mazing new technology.

There are two versions, one costs 7500$ and the other 15000$. Quite cheap considering the increased production value and comparing to "real" steadicams. Still totally out of my ballpark, though...

In this video, the same technology is used with a multicopter to take aerial shots:
[video=vimeo;63260643]http://vimeo.com/63260643[/video]

Last edited:
I saw this video yesterday, and was drooling all over.

I imagine that it will run the same route as the Blackmagic Cinema Camera though. It will be so anticipated that the waiting list will be two years long. lol. People who preordered the BMCC are still waiting for it to arrive.

Not that I could afford it, but if I could it would still kind of suck.

I don't see how this is much better than an HD4000. Right now if you want a shot, you can get it. Yes it does make it easier, but nothing new.

-Ken Turner

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Back