What's new

Color or B&W

I say color, surprisingly enough. Red is integral to the Coca-Cola name and image that I think it would be a shame to leave it out. Especially such a vibrant rendering of it!
 
I say color, surprisingly enough. Red is integral to the Coca-Cola name and image that I think it would be a shame to leave it out. Especially such a vibrant rendering of it!

Thanks Leonore. I tend to agree, but as soon as I saw that sign (it had a car parked there for hours) I saw it in b&w. That's a bonus of having digital, huh.
 
I definitely see why. The sign itself plus black and white would create a nice vintage-y feeling photo. I think this conversion is a bit too clean and modern-looking, though. You need some grain - go back and shoot it with film! :)
 
I say color, surprisingly enough. Red is integral to the Coca-Cola name and image that I think it would be a shame to leave it out. Especially such a vibrant rendering of it!

That's what I felt. Red goes with coke.
 
How about a compromise?

CokeSignEdit1.jpg



Image is duplicated to two layers. Top layer is converted using Channel Mixer, then opacity dropped to 95%. This allows a bit of the original color to show through.

Then the layers are merged and a slight sepia tone is added to it.
 
I definitely see why. The sign itself plus black and white would create a nice vintage-y feeling photo. I think this conversion is a bit too clean and modern-looking, though. You need some grain - go back and shoot it with film! :)

I can go back to the Silverefex pro software with the B&W one and add some grain to it. But this being so clean is what caught my eye, when I was looking through the presets that were on there. It's not everyday that I shoot them so clean that they convert that well. (Got one right)

How about a compromise?

CokeSignEdit1.jpg



Image is duplicated to two layers. Top layer is converted using Channel Mixer, then opacity dropped to 95%. This allows a bit of the original color to show through.

Then the layers are merged and a slight sepia tone is added to it.

Thanks Sparky, that is a good conversion too.
 
Even I need to use the "C" word
 
Color looks better here for me too.
 
Thank you all. So Color beats out bacon on this one.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom