Crazy Pro photographer in my area, what do you think?

silentanathema

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This Photographer is not allowing and i quote "Simple new rule being put in our contracts today - No Cameras (of any level) will be allowed at any wedding event we photograph." There is a giant post to go with all of this but i didn't want to post it all. If you want to read the whole thing Log In | Facebook .
My wife and I are both in the wedding field (not photography though) and we understand that it is a competative field, but if you are worried that people are going to mix up your Pro shots with a drunk friends shots I think you have bigger problems with your photography. We have worked with this Photographer before and he is always complaning of a lack of work and then he rolls out with this, I can't think of any bride and groom how would put up with that.

Anyways just wanted to see what other people thought about it and to see if they found it as insteresting and odd as I did.

Last edited:
That's completely, utterly, and insanely retarded. This person expects that no one at the wedding will take photos just because he has an easily bruised ego or something? Well f*** him all to hades and back...boycott him!

From looking at his website his photos look pretty awful.

EDIT: And apparently he cannot spell at all (from his Facebook posts). He sounds like a complete moron.

Last edited:
what a retard.

I guarantee that will be a short lived rule...

It is usually on the contract but usually during the formal sessions. You cant expect anyone not to bring cameras during the ceremony or receptions.

He can go ahead and dick-tate that at his own damn wedding...some sort of facist pig photographer who should be strung by his feet at a gas station and burned like a certain Mussolini...

EDIT:
Wow, angry much?

I state in my contract that during formals and such that I don't recommend any "Uncle Bobs" to have cameras shooting while I am. And MOST IMPORTANTLY that if "Uncle Bob" does whip his camera out, that I am not held responsible for any botched shots due to other peoples flashes.

That covers my a$$ and usually the groom does a good job of enforcing it, if need be.

I read his post and then I read the comments... everything from his "We shoot with Nikon D700's and from our knowlege and skill put "most" Cannons in the dirt" too "I have had to deal with this in ove 300 weddings over the past 5 years - NO - we can no longer allow anyone to shoot at our events." and I just had to shake my head. I have no idea how you can tell someone that they are not allowed to pull out their camera and take pictures of the bride and groom, child, etc. I give him kiddos for putting it in his contract but I think the reality of trying to police this policy is going to be a pain in the butt.

AKA.. "I am paid to photograph the wedding and I can't have guests taking snapshots with their pocket camera, posting them on facebook and then making the bride realize that my work is sub par to theirs."

I state in my contract that during formals and such that I don't recommend any "Uncle Bobs" to have cameras shooting while I am. And MOST IMPORTANTLY that if "Uncle Bob" does whip his camera out, that I am not held responsible for any botched shots due to other peoples flashes.

That covers my a$$ and usually the groom does a good job of enforcing it, if need be.

I agree that you need to cover your a$$ and trying to keep the uncle bob's from messing up your Professional shots is very important, and really important during the formals. It sounds like you know how to roll with the curve balls that people might throw at you while you are shooting the wedding.

Last edited:
What an idiot. How about kindly telling people to get F out of your way instead.

We may get less work, but at least our reputation per images shown will not be damaged.

Can someone please explain to me how someone taking shots at a reception with a point and shoot damages the pro photographers reputation per images shown (what the f*** does that even mean?)?

I was a computer tech for many years. Did I ever get mad when one of my customers let some high school kid come over and 'fix' their computer? No, because they always made me look even more professional. How can that make me look bad unless the kid is better than me?

I can understand asking, but not telling, people to refrain from taking flash photos during the formal shoots, but to say you don't want anyone taking photos because they make you look bad? huh, what?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back