Crazy Pro photographer in my area, what do you think?

Please don't hold the fact I live in the same metro area against me. :(

I think they belong to a local meet up group here in KC, I recognize some of the other names.

bring your cam and encourage others to do so just to troll him

OK I was a little nosey and peaked at his website... he's an award winning photograher!!!!!

If you look at the awards he as won 3 out of 6 are from "Tie the Knot" which according to his facebook page he co-owns with his wife. The other 3 are "Brides Choice" awards from weddingwire.com. Sorry if you are going to announce that you won such and such award, make sure you don't own the company giving the award.

I can understand the photog's frustration. Other people's flashes, people jumping out in front of you to take their own shot and your subjects not knowing which camera to look at I'm sure can be frustrating indeed. Unfortunately for him he's foolish enough to think he can do something about it by attempting to dictate his environment and that's pretty funny. I think if it's getting to him enough that he tries to enforce this policy then it may be time for him to quit shooting weddings.

I agree 100% that it can and is a problem with people me getting in the way of a photographer. I will say this from a Vendor stand point and also a photog, I always bring my D5000 and take as many shots as i can while im still there but I always make sure to not use my flash, not get any shots of the B/G and Never get in the way of the PRO. I would hope anybody with a camera would have enough sense to stay out of the way of the pro. I am sure that doesn't happen though and I do think there is a time and a place for asking people to stop taking pictures.

I rarely do weddings, but I can agree with how annoying it can be. My solution was to allow the family that stayed in the chapel because they were participating in formals to take a quick snapshot after I finished, so long as they agreed to wait until I got my shot. The only time I ask for cameras to be put away is during the couple only section, when we typically move outside or to a location away from everyone else to do the more creative shots. Then I ask that only the bride and groom come.

Wow, had I known that I could shoot photos of this quality and charge 3-5k per wedding...I would be loaded and had a lot less work to do. Oh man. The photo where the bride is in front of the fireplace and the photo is severely tilted and everything is in color except for the bride's skin?!?!?! WTH is that?!?!

Wow everyone is bitching and moaning about someone wanting to put a not cameras clause in their contract. First of all, he's not the first or last photographer to do this and secondly, it's his business so why do you care? Would you guys rather dictate what he's not allowed to do with his business rather than him run it on his own?

You know how hard it is to shoot with one camera and fire a flash with another close enough to affect the shot. Its insanely hard! This guy is an idiot

You know how hard it is to shoot with one camera and fire a flash with another close enough to affect the shot. Its insanely hard! .....

Canadians don't blink?

I wanted to see their fine art gallery but you have to register for that.
The wedding shots..didn't look at more than a few of them.

You know how hard it is to shoot with one camera and fire a flash with another close enough to affect the shot. Its insanely hard! .....
Canadians don't blink?
Hell no our eyes are immune to brightness. Its from all those thousands of years looking at bright snow while building our igloos.

Canadians don't blink?
Hell no our eyes are immune to brightness. Its from all those thousands of years looking at bright snow while building our igloos.

And don't forget about staring at each other's blindingly pale skin!!! ;) (French-Canadian husband) haha

Most reactions

New Topics

Back