D90 vs D60? Long winded alcohol provoked thread.

Yeah, I used to just throw my 50mm 1.4 on my old 5D, and keep my 20mm 2.8 in a pocket or a small bag, and it made it so much more enjoyable. Lugging around a big bag full of gear and a heavy tripod sucks, especially if your with people that aren't there for photography. You rarely get a time to use it because nobody wants to wait for dumb-photography-guy to setup all his junk for a snapshot. You start to envy the guys with the D40's or rebel's with the kit lens that they barely notice around their neck.

I think it's ridiculous when people insist on bringing their 5D's and D700's with f/2.8 telephotos for no reason except to try and attempt to justify their purchases, even if it's a quick family trip to Disneyland or a short stroll in downtown.

Funny you mention that, the last time I went to Disneyland I had two cameras with me, plus extra lenses and felt weighed down. In retrospect, I might've enjoyed it more with a more simple setup. For the past 2 and a half months, i've been shooting with my M6 and 50mm combo exclusively. (for personal stuff anyway..also, it's the only lens I have for the leica at the moment) That's it. One small camera and one lens has made life much simpler, and a little more challenging in some ways.

I had the D60, and LOVED it. But the first shot with the D90 and I would always choose the D90, UNLESS there was a superb need for an ultra light..akin to what Sw1tchFX was talking about.

Yeah, I used to just throw my 50mm 1.4 on my old 5D, and keep my 20mm 2.8 in a pocket or a small bag, and it made it so much more enjoyable. Lugging around a big bag full of gear and a heavy tripod sucks, especially if your with people that aren't there for photography. You rarely get a time to use it because nobody wants to wait for dumb-photography-guy to setup all his junk for a snapshot. You start to envy the guys with the D40's or rebel's with the kit lens that they barely notice around their neck.
Exactly! that was something i found out very quickly, unless you're there shooting with other people, keep it simple, because nobody is going to wait.
Funny you mention that, the last time I went to Disneyland I had two cameras with me, plus extra lenses and felt weighed down. In retrospect, I might've enjoyed it more with a more simple setup. For the past 2 and a half months, i've been shooting with my M6 and 50mm combo exclusively. (for personal stuff anyway..also, it's the only lens I have for the leica at the moment) That's it. One small camera and one lens has made life much simpler, and a little more challenging in some ways.
I've been doing the exact same thing with my D700 and 50mm, and it's been for the better, wish it was smaller like your leica though, that's got to be nice.
I had the D60, and LOVED it. But the first shot with the D90 and I would always choose the D90, UNLESS there was a superb need for an ultra light..akin to what Sw1tchFX was talking about.
This is what makes the GF-1 and EP-1 so exciting..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back