Different exposures

zeto88

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How do I take 3 at once, without changing them all manually.
Using a nikon D90.
I don't have a tripod, but it'd be sweet if I could create hdr with every day shots.

HDR will be nearly impossible (a huge pain, at least) without a tripod. Check the manual for your D90 for "bracketing" your shots. I can't remember the menu off the top of my head, but I know the manual covers it. It doesn't fire them all at once; you have to hit the shutter 3 different times while it adjusts the exposure for each. That's why I say you'll need to be on a tripod for HDR.

If your camera has this feature, it's probably called AEB (auto exposure bracketing).
Read your manual.

Yep, the D90 can make up to 3 auto bracket exposures. Obviously, you've not read your users manual compeletly. There are many other handy features your camera has you're likely unaware of as a result.

You can also put the shutter release in burst mode so it will make the 3 auto bracket exposures bam, bam, bam, with one long press of the shutter release.

Do you know about the built-in fisheye lens feature a D90 has?

Not sure if the D90 has it, but you can also bracket using the intervalometer function.

That booklet is faaaar to long for me to read in one go.
I've only had my D90 for a week or so. ( maybe two )
My manual sits happily by the toilet for me to read time to time. :) Ahaha!
I know about the Fish Eye effect in the PP on the actual camera.
Is that what you're referring too?

That booklet is faaaar to long for me to read in one go.
I've only had my D90 for a week or so. ( maybe two )
My manual sits happily by the toilet for me to read time to time. :) Ahaha!
I know about the Fish Eye effect in the PP on the actual camera.
Is that what you're referring too?

Do what I did, sit in a room, read a part of the manual, mess with the settings on the camera. Once you know what it does, read another part of the manual... went through the whole thing in a day and a half.

You want help, and you want to learn how to use your camera, but you're reluctant to read the manual.

facepalm

I never said I wouldn't, I said it was too long to read all at once.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back