Do Canon cameras have these features?

robb01

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm thinking of doing the unthinkable, but am looking at going to the other side by switching to Canon.

Do Canon cameras offer Auto Bracketing on the Ti or T2i models?

It seems the t2i is currently a couple hundered cheaper than the d90 from nikon.

Also, how does Canon handle the lenses. I know the entry model Nikons don't have internal focus motors, just wondering if Canon does this as well.

Canon builds the AF motor into the lenses and not the body, so any modern EF or EF-S mount lens from Canon should AF with all their EOS bodies. Most 3rd party lenses should as well.

Also, how does Canon handle the lenses. I know the entry model Nikons don't have internal focus motors, just wondering if Canon does this as well.
Back in the late 80s, Canon switched from manual focus cameras & lenses to auto focus (motor in the lens). They changed their mount, which meant that both the cameras and lenses became obsolete (with newer gear). This pisses off a lot of people, but they got over it (I guess).

Nikon, on the other hand, didn't switch their mount when they went to AF. They put the AF motor into the newer cameras. This means that Even the newest Nikon SLR cameras today, can still mount Nikon lenses going back to the 60s (I think). This wasn't a problem until they wanted to offer smaller and smaller DSLR cameras...and the AF motor had to go. This meant that Nikon AF lenses (without a motor) would not AF on one of the new/small DSLR bodies. They do have some lenses with motors...but obviously there are some without.

In other words, Canon pissed people off in the late 80s, and Nikon managed to postpone the issue and piss people off now. :er:

Also realise that auto bracketing is a feature that for most people can quickly be reproduced in manual shooting mode with little effort from the photographer. So don't get hooked on the idea that you "need" exposure bracketing to do things such as HDR landscape shots

In other words, Canon pissed people off in the late 80s, and Nikon managed to postpone the issue and piss people off now. :er:

Quoted for truth. And comedy. lol

Most reactions

Back