Do I Need?

I dunno, do YOU need LR?
Who are you? what do you do? what do you shoot, how do you shoot, what do you want to do w/ your photography? Do you process your work? do you print your work?

No. You need CS5. Seriously.

I dunno, do YOU need LR?
Who are you? what do you do? what do you shoot, how do you shoot, what do you want to do w/ your photography? Do you process your work? do you print your work?

Most of these questions are answered by her signature. :lol:

I have CS4, do I need Lightroom and why?
Only you can answer those questions.

IMO, When you start producing 1500+ commercial images a week, week-in-week-out, take a look at Lightroom.

You already have the same image editing function that Lightroom 2 has. In CS4, it's called Adobe Camera RAW 5 (ACR). You can host ACR from Bridge or CS4.

Lightroom's main function is image catalog management, not image editing, which is why you don't need it till you're routinely producing a lot of images.

Last edited:
Get the free demo and check it out for a month and see if it is any help to you.

I like Lightroom as my photo collection organizer, global edits and synching those global edits to multiple photos in the same folder with similar exposure conditions. It's certainly a convenience, but not a necessity.

Do you need it? Probably not.

Would it make your (photo) time spent on the computer easier & more efficient? Probably.

I agree with the you probably don't need it group. If you want to try it you can for a month.

That being said...

And wow some of you are so *nice*

If that seemed harsh, rude or "not very nice" to you perhaps you shouldn't be hanging out on internet forums?

They get a bit out of hand and to be frank, what you see in this thread (so far) is what I would consider civil in comparison.

I don't mean to be mean, but seriously, lighten up, Francis. :hug::

If you have a lot of clients and appointments yes you do! I Have loads of presets and things on ther and its super quick and easy, makes things move along VERY fast, however if you are a hobbiest then maybe not. I first use it to open my raw images and basic color and lightness edit then open in photoshop and do any masking and what not that i need to do. I LOVE LR3 but not everyone NEEDs it.

And wow some of you are so *nice*

If that seemed harsh, rude or "not very nice" to you perhaps you shouldn't be hanging out on internet forums?

They get a bit out of hand and to be frank, what you see in this thread (so far) is what I would consider civil in comparison.

I don't mean to be mean, but seriously, lighten up, Francis. :hug::
:confused: I don't get it. It doesn't seem that girl_with_brain took any of the responses wrongly. What did I miss?

Well I belong to many forums actually (this is the only photog forum I belong to). In these forums I haven't come across much snarkiness. But okay I get it. I'll get thicker skin and grow some balls. :peacesign:

Most reactions

Back