Do you look at the histogram all the times.

Do you look at the histogram all the times after shooting each picture?

Not each but I do check it to make sure I don't blow highlights or underexpose.

No. How OFTEN I do look greatly depends on what I happen to be shooting--but generally speaking, I look at a shot or two at the beginning to make sure everything looks right; then I just look at the photo preview every now and then (still not every shot).

I use Magic Lantern and therefore check histogram _before_ taking the picture

I am not really sure what it means but I like to pretend I do so I seem smart.

A histogram is a small chart that can be shown on the camera monitor. It allows you to better judge your exposure.

That said, When I'm shooting out in the field, I check the histo first. If it looks good, then I'll check composition and focus. My monitor is set up to look like this:

SampleMonitor.jpg~original

If I'm shooting in very consistent lighting, then I'll forgo chimping the histo. As soon as I detect a lighting change, then it's back to checking the histo.

The only time I don't normally watch the histo is when I'm shooting in a controlled lighting situation (i.e., studio work).

Nope....

I'll take a single photo to get my "exposure bearings".... then just shoot. Open a stop or down a stop... here and there...

Nope....

I'll take a single photo to get my "exposure bearings".... then just shoot. Open a stop or down a stop... here and there...

This^

A histogram is a small chart that can be shown on the camera monitor. It allows you to better judge your exposure.

I know what it is I just wanted to see if you knew.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back