Drop-dead gorgeous bride

I think it's very easy to sit back and nitpick a shot like this for subjective artistic reasons. For anyone that has not shot a wedding before, shots like this are NOT easy, although Robin makes it look very much so. With wedding shots, nothing is ever quite right. the people are rarely ready when you need them to be, and where the client wants you to shoot is rarely ideal. I tend to shoot a very traditional (sometimes considered boring even) portrait style. But its what i like, and what i like to shoot. Mostly because i do not really have a fantastic "artistic eye". I only wish i could envision, setup, and pull off a shot like this.

Kudos Robin. As usual.

I think it's very easy to sit back and nitpick a shot like this for subjective artistic reasons. For anyone that has not shot a wedding before, shots like this are NOT easy, although Robin makes it look very much so. With wedding shots, nothing is ever quite right. the people are rarely ready when you need them to be, and where the client wants you to shoot is rarely ideal. I tend to shoot a very traditional (sometimes considered boring even) portrait style. But its what i like, and what i like to shoot. Mostly because i do not really have a fantastic "artistic eye". I only wish i could envision, setup, and pull off a shot like this.

Kudos Robin. As usual.
+1 after surviving this weekend I can say this is way more true than one thinks. Unless your there at the time to see the conditions these kinds of shots are taken you don't know what is and is not possible. I wish my brides had venues this spectacular to shoot in.

I like it, my only criticism is that I would crop it so that there's an even amount of wall on both sides of the image. But I'm going to assume you didn't so that the bride was centered?

Other than that, and the awkward hand, great shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back