dSLR + start up Lenses advice !?

larakaye

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi:

I am new to photography and here as well; however I have made up my mind on purchasing the Canon Rebel T1i over the Nikon D5000 just based on preferences. Now I am willing to learn how to take great pictures, which requires using the appropriate lenses. But I don't know which walkaround, telephoto, or wide angle lenses to get right about now. I am open to all types of suggestion for beginners, even on my choice of camera :D. Thank you in advance for taking the time...

Are you getting the T1i with the kit lens? If you are, just use that lens for now while you learn how to use the camera and how to shoot properly. In time you'll figure out if you need a wider lens or a lens with more reach. Then figure out your budget and ask which lens to get at that time.

You'll have a lot more things to worry about than which lens to get anyway...you gotta learn about exposure, composition, understanding light and shadows, post processing (photo editing), etc...

Are you getting the T1i with the kit lens? If you are, just use that lens for now while you learn how to use the camera and how to shoot properly. In time you'll figure out if you need a wider lens or a lens with more reach. Then figure out your budget and ask which lens to get at that time.

You'll have a lot more things to worry about than which lens to get anyway...you gotta learn about exposure, composition, understanding light and shadows, post processing (photo editing), etc...

^^ Exactly right! :thumbup:

I agree. Just get the camera with the kit lens. Once you learn more about the camera gears and photography in general, you will know what to get later on.

I agree. Just get the camera with the kit lens. Once you learn more about the camera gears and photography in general, you will know what to get later on.

Then you'll start looking at those fast lenses that you have determined you want/need and realize you need a second job. ;)

Then you'll start looking at those fast lenses that you have determined you want/need and realize you need a second job. ;)

Or you might want to buy a few lottery tickets and win so you can get some FAST lenses!! LOL

My understanding is everyone agrees on the fact that i should stick to the kit lens for now, which makes sense for a newbie. now, would you there recommend any type of reading...as i play around with the camera? I've started with 'Digital SLR Cameras and Photography for dummies' ... :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back