dust on my sensor

iPhoto17

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
at first there was one spot, now theres 2 distinct spots on my photos, wolf camera is closed now and im afraid id have to do it myself, can someone tell me what i need and how to keep the shutter open without having to hold down the shutter release in bulb setting

Look at some of the videos on This Site. Cleaning a sensor is as easy as cleaning a lens as long as you have the right cleaning equipment. Flow it out with a bulb blower (NOT canned air!) while holding the camera pointed down. If the dust is still there you'll need to clean the sensor with a cleaning swab.

As to holding the mirror open, look in your owner's manual. There is a menu option for holding the mirror open for sensor cleaning.

how do you lock it up and what do i need, i have a camel hair brush and thats about it

Did it come with a manual? That will tell you...

i now found out how to lock it up, now its just a matter of a cheap effective way to clean, like i said, i have a camel hair brush which i heard is the safest to use on a lens, but im not sure about using it on the sensor

i now found out how to lock it up, now its just a matter of a cheap effective way to clean, like i said, i have a camel hair brush which i heard is the safest to use on a lens, but im not sure about using it on the sensor

As I said ...

Look at some of the videos on This Site.
Cleaning a sensor is as easy as cleaning a lens as long as you have the right cleaning equipment. Blow it out with a bulb blower (NOT canned air!) while holding the camera pointed down. If the dust is still there you'll need to clean the sensor with a cleaning swab.

I wouldn't touch the sensor with any products not specifically made to clean sensors. But that is just my own opinion.

I wouldn't touch the sensor with any products not specifically made to clean sensors. But that is just my own opinion.

Which is why I originally posted the link to Photosolutions and recommended that he watch the videos. It tells exactly what is needed and exactly how to use them.

I know. I was more aiming that at his comment of having a camel hair brush.

I also have dust in my camera. I cleaned the mirror, focus screen and sensor. The dust doesn't show up in my pictures but I can clearly see it through my view finder. Is there something else that I'm missing? Is it possible for dust to get on the other mirrors the leads to the viewfinder?

No lens, mirror lockup and top rack of the dishwasher with spot remover in the reservoir. :confused: All the dust will be gone.

Tony S said:
No lens, mirror lockup and top rack of the dishwasher with spot remover in the reservoir. :confused: All the dust will be gone.

hahaha

I also have dust in my camera. I cleaned the mirror, focus screen and sensor. The dust doesn't show up in my pictures but I can clearly see it through my view finder. Is there something else that I'm missing? Is it possible for dust to get on the other mirrors the leads to the viewfinder?

I'm wondering this same thing...

I'm wondering this same thing...
It is possible, yes. I've had it happen one time and that was about 30 years ago. I somehow managed to get a piece of lint on top of the focusing screen. I blew air from a bulb blower at the edge of the screen and finally got it to move around where it wasn't so noticeable.

If you can see it through the viewfinder then it is normally on the focusing screen or mirror. In that case it also cannot show up in your photographs. Blow it off with a bulb blower but be very careful with anything else. Focusing screens and mirrors scratch relatively easily.

Most reactions

Back