Examples of my Work:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, go with what you know!

But, wasn't it you that we had a great discussion about abstract art with, and you gave a shot at thinking in that manner?
That's what this place is for. I'd rather argue in art speak with Clay than read another "what camera, lens, lights, settings" thread or look at another OOF image of someones child for the 372 time.

yes.. and I appreciate a lot of abstract art more than I used to. I do make an effort... but if I don't find merit in something, I don't find merit in it.

yes. there is that! I would have been glad to continue the discussion with Clay.. but that didn't go very far. :)

cgipson1, I just looked at your work and I feel the same way about you. Where is the artistic value in taking landscape photos? You could argue that you're creating art through some Duchamp complex, but I would certainty beg to differ. There isn't artistic value in your work, you're barely succeeding from a technical standpoint. None of your images that I sampled were anything spectacular. If you're gonna create boring, rehashed, nature shots then you might as well strive to be the best. You're the type of person that aspires to shoot for National Geographic, but never will. In a short and endless unromanticized process that ultimately leaves you with nothing. That's not even the real crime though, the real crime is how you tarnish what fine artists have worked endlessly to establish. You call yourself an artist, but where is your concept? I don't see one. Perhaps there is one, maybe underlying, but in the end all you have created is ineffective visual data. My friend, perhaps you should consider putting down the camera and attending a fine art class at your local community college then maybe you would understand what art truly is. You're a technology whore that believes a better camera takes a better image. You lack inspiration, and that becomes crystal clear in the rendering of your images. The images you provide appeal to a larger audience because they are uneducated, not because they are good; they are pedestrian images in the best scenario. (not trying to be rude... just my opinion!)

I wouldnt bash Charlie's work too much.. lol

Oh, people like you.

The type of person who takes a Psychology class for 3 days and then thinks they understand how the universe works.

In this case, the type of person who calls light painting a fine art, asks for C&C, and when he gets it, tries to insult and belittle respected photographers.

NICE.

cgipson1, I just looked at your work and I feel the same way about you. Where is the artistic value in taking landscape photos? You could argue that you're creating art through some Duchamp complex, but I would certainty beg to differ. There isn't artistic value in your work, you're barely succeeding from a technical standpoint. None of your images that I sampled were anything spectacular. If you're gonna create boring, rehashed, nature shots then you might as well strive to be the best. You're the type of person that aspires to shoot for National Geographic, but never will. In a short and endless unromanticized process that ultimately leaves you with nothing. That's not even the real crime though, the real crime is how you tarnish what fine artists have worked endlessly to establish. You call yourself an artist, but where is your concept? I don't see one. Perhaps there is one, maybe underlying, but in the end all you have created is ineffective visual data. My friend, perhaps you should consider putting down the camera and attending a fine art class at your local community college then maybe you would understand what art truly is. You're a technology whore that believes a better camera takes a better image. You lack inspiration, and that becomes crystal clear in the rendering of your images. The images you provide appeal to a larger audience because they are uneducated, not because they are good; they are pedestrian images in the best scenario. (not trying to be rude... just my opinion!)

We could ask you the same question.

Attraction series: I see no evidence and get no feeling of attraction whatsoever.

Descent and rebirth: Not sure how the concept relates to the artwork shown.

Transference: Just not getting any feeling of transference.

Self identity: Again, no feeling provoked. Seemed as though you were just playing with light.

Kenyan adventure: I really enjoyed the first and third of this series.

I do like your light painting though. Work in progress 2nd series and experimental project are intriguing and interesting.

Keep on truckin'

looks like the OP has crawled back into his cave...

Is your web hosting service one of the freebies? Page loading up slowwwwwwly...

Hmmm. This is another fine mess. Tell you what I think...I think I am sick and tired (lol) of this notion that one must only post a photo or two. That usually starts to fire things up real good around here and I have found in signatures an incredible world beyond the snippets that are indeed 'hidden' talent beyond these pages.

Glad to see what you have to offer. I agree stick around, I like the departure of your efforts.

It'll make us all better in the end.

This is a good thread. Nothing like some TPF hazing to crush a young kids dream.

Not sure if you old-farts are acquainted with the art student owl meme. I just thought this fit the thread

12053892.jpg

If OP ever looks at this thread: Many of your photos are quiet beautiful, and definitely works of art. But no matter how technically skilled of a photographer you are, you'll never get jobs, contacts, or opportunities if you can't take honest polite criticism from others. TPF is an amazing resource, and I'm sure nobody will mind if you apologize and continue to be a member of the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back