FACEBOOK Business pages?

Discussion in 'General Shop Talk' started by boomersgot3, Jan 10, 2011.

1. rub

rub TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Over the past 8 months, 93% of my new clients have come directly through Facebook. Including 3 destination weddings.

2. vicanderson

vicanderson TPF Noob!

Wow you have got really professional and nice looking page.

Really great one. You have created yourself or you hired someone. Please let me know.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2011
  3. Kyna

Kyna TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
  4. AtlPikMan

AtlPikMan TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
  5. edwardmendes

edwardmendes TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
  6. mhk1058

mhk1058 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Not a business page, just started this page for interest and to get the hang of what facebook is all about. Only have 2 likes so far, so grateful for any and will of course reciprocate :thumbup:

My facebook

7. photosforever

photosforever TPF Noob!

8. bennielou

bennielou TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I didn't start a business page until recently, and I've been really bad about keeping it up. (I'd been showing and tagging from my personal FB page). But I'm trying to do better!!!!
    Visions In White | Facebook

9. pen

pen TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I'm not a pro photographer but I am a pro artist in the 3D arena so here is my take.

Face book is great and works well but, in my opinion is doesn't look as professional as a good web site. Web sites are cheap and easy to make with tools like wordpress.org. What you do then is use FB, Twitter and LinkedIn as paths to your web page. Using an app like Tweet Deck I can post to all three at the same time to advertise features, new images and updates or a special that you want to run.

A web site is uncluttered, doesn't have piles of ads to distract the viewer, can use a colour scheme that compliments your work and is fully under your control. One shoot would pay for 10 years+ for a web site so it isn't an expense that one needs to worry about. Wordpress is free and a web host (Please don't use a free one) is $6 to $8 a month.

The idea is to have one professional portal for your work and then use all the social networking resources to point people to it.

Now I need to get my site rebuilt as it is really really old and in desperate need of an over haul.

10. bennielou

bennielou TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I totally agree with you Pen. FB is just web pimping. You need a primary site first. A really cool site for websites I've found is Photobiz. You just put in all your photos and info, and you can change it to anyone of hundreds of templates weekly if you feel like it. (Don't worry, I don't work for this company, but I LOVE them, and they are super reasonably priced. I used to be with Blu Domain, but it was a constant nightmare with them. They were good, but I think they got huge and just didn't have enough people and equipment to keep up with the workflow. I was with them from the getgo, but finally I needed to go another direction. Long story short, check out Photobiz).

Facebook is also great though, because when I blog something, normally only other photogs and new prospective clients check it regularly. On FB, most of my clients are also my friends, so when I tag them, all THEIR friends get to see too, and from that I've been able to stop all advertising, and do most of my work via referrals and facebook folks. It's been a huge boost in the business.

11. jaykilgore

jaykilgore TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    • Like Like x 1
  12. manaheim

manaheim Jedi Bunnywabbit Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit

Mine is in my sig. :)