Finally got my first few rolls of 120 developed and scanned

rexbobcat

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got three rolls of Portra 160 developed earlier this year but didn't get them scanned because the place was wayyyyyy overpriced. But since I moved there's a photo store about 5 minutes away that can scan them. I'm pleased.

I knew that film has a lot of latitude, but I'm a bit surprised just how much overexposure it can endure.

0003_3-2.jpg

I didn't do arrange this intentionally. I just have several shelves of "obsolete" technology (shot with "obsolete" technology heh)
0009_9.jpg

Computer troubles lol
21690004.jpg

21690003.jpg

My mom and brother
21690002.jpg

Was testing the latitude. It's pretty impressive that the newest emulsions can hold onto highlights while still giving shadow detail. The digital natives really underestimate it.
0010_10.jpg

Last edited:
Love everything! Great photos. There's nothing like the good old film.

Was this a professional lab (the negatives) ? They came out nice!!

Last edited:
Nice shots!

Portra friggin' rocks. It's my favorite color film.

Also a negative scanner is really not that expensive I bought one on Amazon for 75-80 $ and it works fine! Save me bucks and time in the long run.

well... I just like everything you do...

yup

Was this a professional lab (the negatives) ? They came out nice!!

Thanks! No it wasn't a pro lab. It was a local camera store that had one hour developing. I might send them in the future to pro labs though. I can get scans three times the resolution for the same price.

Nice shots!

Portra friggin' rocks. It's my favorite color film.

I'm really digging it. It has just the right amount of contrast and saturation. Plus the latitude is impressive.

Also a negative scanner is really not that expensive I bought one on Amazon for 75-80 $ and it works fine! Save me bucks and time in the long run.

Imight invest if I begin shooting more. Right now I don't shoot enough that I could justify the cost. Plus I don't want to deal with finding the right profiles and tone curves etc...lol

well... I just like everything you do...

yup

Aw shucks...

35mm or 120?

If your not aware Ill post it for the newly encouraged.
DO NOT TAKE YOUR NEGATIVES TO THE BIG CHAINS!!!
they are sending them back to a large processors and you will NOT get your negatives back.

The shots look really nice .

Most reactions

New Topics

Back