Flash power question

Are you in fully manual or aperture priority? Is there a chance that your aperture is being changed as a result of something you're doing?

Yep! Sure sounds like something is AFU, and in need of repair.

A fair number of airplane crashes these days happen because the pilots don't get that the airplane they are trying to fly is malfunctioning.

In other words, dependence on auto this and auto that can in the long run make it nearly impossible to sort device malfunctions from MSTO situations.

Guys, any recommendations to be able to use off-camera flash in it's full capacity? Wireless or Wired? If wired: coiled or straight? Nikon or third party?

I know it's a matter of personal taste. Just tell me yours, please :)

I usually don't like to buy the same thing more than once. Always try to get it right the first time and forget about it. So, if that means paying the extra cost of the Nikon one, so be it. Would you recommend something like these:

Nikon SC-28 TTL Remote Cord - Coiled 3-9' 4765 B&H Photo Video
Nikon SC-29 TTL Off-Camera Shoe Cord with AF Assist - Coiled

Thanks again!

You are using the on-board as the commander, right? Have you tried wired or trigger/receiver?
This is my guess: Your on-board is firing and the SB is firing just a bit too slow of a reaction time at the higher powers.
I read or heard McNally explain it or something... about how the on board isn't recorded on the image because it's actually firing early (my terms, not technical or correct in any way) to fire the SB at the right time. I'd venture to guess form that, that perhaps there is a setting in the commander menu (Guessing, I don't shoot nikon!) that could be changed and not working correctly???

Totally thinking there... Maybe it'll help?

This is my guess: Your on-board is firing and the SB is firing just a bit too slow of a reaction time at the higher powers.
I read or heard McNally explain it or something... about how the on board isn't recorded on the image because it's actually firing early (my terms, not technical or correct in any way) to fire the SB at the right time. I'd venture to guess form that, that perhaps there is a setting in the commander menu (Guessing, I don't shoot nikon!) that could be changed and not working correctly???

Totally thinking there... Maybe it'll help?

Thanks MLeek! I'm still learning how to use all this, but I don't think I have any options/parameters to set when I use the on-board flash in 'Commander' mode. I just checked it, because maybe there was some sort of calibration to do, but nothing there :(

You are using the on-board as the commander, right? Have you tried wired or trigger/receiver?
Please take a look to my previous message, right above yours, where I was actually asking for recommendations/suggestions about wired/wireless connections.

Sorry! I was thinking... not paying attention! LOL!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back