Flickr, 500px, Smugmug etc - What's your number 1 most viewed image

Omg you guys 40k views in 1 day! That’s nuts. I’ve had other photos “explored” on Flickr and they’ve gotten maybe 5-6K views at the most over a week. Were they under-performers? is this 40k views normal or a weird fluke?

My most viewed on Flickr...

CarrotRoom-6021091.jpg
by Nigel, on Flickr

It's a nice abstract image, but your wildlife images are much, much better than this one in my view - so this is a viewing figures one I don't understand, like my one in my OP. You have other image I also think are better and they are in a similar number Groups too, but views are much lower.

Reactions: NGH
It's a nice abstract image, but your wildlife images are much, much better than this one in my view - so this is a viewing figures one I don't understand, like my one in my OP. You have other image I also think are better and they are in a similar number Groups too, but views are much lower.

I do like abstracts but this one is a little bit of a mystery as to why it was so popular. I took it whilst doing a photo workshop and it really had nothing to do with the subject matter but I took it anyway and thought little of it. The photographer who was running the workshop pointed it out as a nice image and so I ended up putting it on Flickr not really expecting much from it. Then it got Explore and went crazy. That Flickr Explore algorithm is a weird one :)

Thanks about my animal shots; to be honest I don't feel like a shoot a lot of wildlife; maybe I should do more but then I'd need another lens :D

Omg you guys 40k views in 1 day! That’s nuts. I’ve had other photos “explored” on Flickr and they’ve gotten maybe 5-6K views at the most over a week. Were they under-performers? is this 40k views normal or a weird fluke?

Congrats on Explore! 44k views is insane :) but a good insane. The photo must have a high rank. You can check your rank at scout labs.

Congrats on Explore! 44k views is insane :) but a good insane. The photo must have a high rank. You can check your rank at scout labs.

Thanks Cheryl that’s a cool resource to have. It says my photo is ranked 41. It shows that previous photos of mine in explore were ranked high 200’s so that explains the huge difference in number of views.

My most viewed has 4139 views and 44 favs
tulip-1.jpg

Novelty/ uniqueness plays a part in the high hit count of the abstract color block shot, I would guess.

I don't normally look at data from my photo hosting site, as it's mainly used for backing up images, but Flickr introduced a new Stats feature on the Android App, and I was surprised to see that my most popular photo, by a huge margin, was a mobile phone holiday snap :-(

All that cash blown on bodies, lenses and lights, and a mobile phone snap gets 40,000 more views than my next most popular image!

It's not even a very good snap, as she looks to be wearing a tree as a hat. :)

So what's your number 1 most viewed image, is it also a surprise to you?

View attachment 187476
I approve of this message and image!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back