Flickr, 500px, Smugmug etc - What's your number 1 most viewed image

I don't have pro so I have to go through the camera roll to get numbers.

Flickr #1 - 1,318 views.

cmw3_d40_5314
by Charlie Wrenn, on Flickr

Flickr #2 - 160 views. An old photo but not on Flickr for that long. It is also the most viewed and downloaded image of mine on morgueFile (a royalty-free reference photo/micro stock site) - 12,154 views, 4,241 downloads.
cmw3_d40_butterfly1
by Snowbear Photography, on Flickr

Somehow, this was my most viewed.

Spinning
by limrodrigues, on Flickr

This was apparently my most liked:

Tree in the field
by limrodrigues, on Flickr

Yes, this illustrates my point about the random nature of most viewed. This is certainly not your best image!

For me your misty yacht image is great, and the black and white bridges, but an instant speed blur got the most views.

Last edited:
View attachment 187517 Out of about 10,000 photos on my pBase pages, this one has been number one for quite a few years. It was made in the late 1980's and was shot at a makeover event that was held at a local high school gym using Speedotron flash and Kodacolor Gold 200 film.

I think that, maybe, this photo is clicked upon because people think she looks a lot like the old Madonna, the way Madonna used to look back in the 1980s. When seen as a thumbnail, this shot gets lots of clicks. A few years ago I moved it around, and it drew the most clicks on whatever page it was put in, so there is something inherently clickable about this photo.

Interesting. Perhaps the intense and engaging eye contact?

This one is my most viewed on Flickr.
41423484595_27116b3d90_o.jpg

About 10 years ago I read something that a photographer wrote. He said "if I like the photo as a thumbnail, I pretty much always like it if I see it large. If I don't like a photo when seeing it small as a thumbnail I will usually not like it when seen large."

I think Leonore's "speedblur " type image is one of those images which is quite compelling as a thumbnail. Seeing it small, I would imagine that most people want to see it larger, to see what its visual riddle might yield. My favorite photo of hers is actually a black and white made near some type of Waterfront in an urban setting.

Gestalt, etc..

Strange coincidence that I read this thread yesterday. Flickr explored one of my Boston skyline photos last might. Over 10k views in just a few hours.

Dilemma on this subject - The photo that got explored is one that I had added to Flickr and then realized afterwards that some of the selective exposure adjustments that I made were sloppy and gave a couple of the buildings a halo effect. I was planning on re-editing and fixing that and then going to remove and re-post the photo. But now that particular photo has over 20k views and 200+ faves so I guess I’m just stuck with it if I want to keep my big “win” on Flickr.

Dilemma on this subject - The photo that got explored is one that I had added to Flickr and then realized afterwards that some of the selective exposure adjustments that I made were sloppy and gave a couple of the buildings a halo effect. I was planning on re-editing and fixing that and then going to remove and re-post the photo. But now that particular photo has over 20k views and 200+ faves so I guess I’m just stuck with it if I want to keep my big “win” on Flickr.

I thought there was a way to replace a photo in Flickr? So could re-edit your image and use this to replace the original.

I thought there was a way to replace a photo in Flickr? So could re-edit your image and use this to replace the original.

I was thinking the same thing. I think it's possible to replace the image without it affecting any of the views/likes or link.

My all time views is a video of the pups in slo-mo
Slo Mo Schnauzers 2 by Cheryl, on Flickr

2nd place is a Christmas card of the pups from a few years ago. Photo to watercolor.

Merry Christmas
by Cheryl, on Flickr
THAT VIDEO! I love it so much

Thanks Wade! They can't catch a ball :)
Roxy is the same way. When she was a pup, she was excellent and could catch balls, treats, toys, etc. Now, she pretty much pulls a George Michael from Arrested Development:

da5ab88cd8746d7c6e31e8648e44f14b.gif

Most reactions

New Topics

Back