Flickr, 500px, Smugmug etc - What's your number 1 most viewed image

Tropicalmemories

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I don't normally look at data from my photo hosting site, as it's mainly used for backing up images, but Flickr introduced a new Stats feature on the Android App, and I was surprised to see that my most popular photo, by a huge margin, was a mobile phone holiday snap :-(

All that cash blown on bodies, lenses and lights, and a mobile phone snap gets 40,000 more views than my next most popular image!

It's not even a very good snap, as she looks to be wearing a tree as a hat. :)

So what's your number 1 most viewed image, is it also a surprise to you?

2020-02-24_08-57-57.jpg

you do know why this is your most viewed image right?

This reminds me of something I saw a few weeks ago online, where an artist started posting her work with her included in the image in order to get more likes, and everyone called her out on it.

Made a watercolor painting of Geralt! :) Do you prefer it like this or with a background? : netflixwitcher

Made a watercolor painting of Geralt (credit to aquarellinde) : TossACoin

Why I post paintings (and include myself sometimes) : aquarellinde

with that said, this is my most viewed image on Flickr:

Pookie
by Braineack, on Flickr

Last edited:

This reminds me of something I saw a few weeks ago online, where an artist started posting her work with her included in the image in order to get more likes, and everyone called her out on it.

Made a watercolor painting of Geralt! :) Do you prefer it like this or with a background? : netflixwitcher

Pookie
by Braineack, on Flickr

Awww. Everybody likes a cat photo.

Pookie by Braineack, on Flickr

My photostream is mostly images of my partner, as portrait photography is my main interest, so the mobile phone shot with the most views has similar content to many of my other images, but it has significantly more views at 53,000 than my second most popular image (taken with a 'proper' camera) with 13,000.

So I'm genuinely interested to see other people's most popular images.

A good photo of a cat makes sense to me.

When I posted pictures of my face, I get negative views!

Really, when I look at Flickr, the images I've shared in various groups are the ones most viewed.

Oh shoot, I lied! This is my most viewed image on my flickr at 6,713 views:

10161811315_a47df4b5fe_c.jpg

Heel by Braineack, on Flickr

Pookie above is only 1,710, but has the most stars.

@Braineack just realized wasn’t following you on Flickr so I fixed that!

My most viewed on Flickr are the 3 that got “explored” - each having a little over 7k views and one that I posted to the macro Mondays group.

On Instagram I’m not sure how to track that but I did have a photo reposted by Lensbaby recently that got a bunch of likes. Way more than my usual 20-30 lol but still under 1k.

I don’t have a ton of followers on either site. I don’t understand how some of these people have 20k followers when some of them, on Flickr in particular, don’t even have any content posted. Definitely these systems can be gamed but not sure what the reward is for such efforts.

Nice pic, I can see why the popularity, it's a visually pleasing picture. What I've come to realize is people aren't judging pictures by their quality so much as by their content. Try this little experiment and put up a picture of a piece of broccoli along with a picture of a slice of pizza of the same 'technical quality' and see which one gets the most likes. I guarantee you most peoples saliva glands will vote pizza. Now if a panel of photo judges viewed the two pictures the broccoli would stand a much, much better chance of winning. ;)

@Braineack just realized wasn’t following you on Flickr so I fixed that!

My most viewed on Flickr are the 3 that got “explored” - each having a little over 7k views and one that I posted to the macro Mondays group.

On Instagram I’m not sure how to track that but I did have a photo reposted by Lensbaby recently that got a bunch of likes. Way more than my usual 20-30 lol but still under 1k.

I don’t have a ton of followers on either site. I don’t understand how some of these people have 20k followers when some of them, on Flickr in particular, don’t even have any content posted. Definitely these systems can be gamed but not sure what the reward is for such efforts.

Following him too - those baby shots are gorgeous.

This one was shared by Canon on their Instagram page making by far the most viewed and liked picture I will likely ever have:

what are the different colors? to distinguish ones bought at the same time?

what are the different colors? to distinguish ones bought at the same time?
Pretty much - since my speedlights all use batteries 4 at a time, this ensures that anything with the same color is the same age with the same number of cycles.

19715708.1980sChicHairstyle.jpeg
Out of about 10,000 photos on my pBase pages, this one has been number one for quite a few years. It was made in the late 1980's and was shot at a makeover event that was held at a local high school gym using Speedotron flash and Kodacolor Gold 200 film.

I think that, maybe, this photo is clicked upon because people think she looks a lot like the old Madonna, the way Madonna used to look back in the 1980s. When seen as a thumbnail, this shot gets lots of clicks. A few years ago I moved it around, and it drew the most clicks on whatever page it was put in, so there is something inherently clickable about this photo.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back