Got me a new D7200 kit today with the 18-140

DarkShadow

Birdographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I put 18-140 on the D3300 and the sigma 150-600 C new home is on the D7200. charging battery now while reading manual.Love the build quality and feels real nice in the hand. I cant wait to try it out.

Enjoy. The d7200 is very nice. Probably up there with the best

First congrats :)
I was sure you want to get the D500, why changed your mind ?
Either way I love the D7200, just an outstanding camera!

First the push back date was a little discouraging but not the deciding factor.Mostly because its not proven its self to be with out problems and after looking at the D7200 and how the buttons feel and the price with the kit lens and a free nice camera bag,free extra battery and a SD Extreme card it was to good to pass on.I can have the 18-140 on the D3300 and it feels good balance and more useful then the 18-55. I also don't have a big gap there in focal ranges so I feel like I benefited from two cameras rather then one big expensive one D500 with no glass and expensive XQD cards.

Last edited:
First the push back date was a little discouraging but not the deciding factor.Mostly because its not proven its self to be with out problems and after looking at the D7200 and how the buttons feel and the price with the kit lens and a free nice camera bag,free extra battery and a SD Extreme card it was to good to pass on.I can have the 18-140 on the D3300 and it feels good balance and more useful then the 18-55. I also don't have a big gap there in focal ranges so I feel like I benefited from two cameras rather then one big expensive one D500 with no glass and expensive XQD cards.
I dont do your type of photography but I have a feeling that you would not get better results with the D500 over the D7200, I think for sports/wildlife shooters the D7100 was a camera that almost nailed it but because of the small buffer it always left for this type of shooters a bad taste.
The D7200 really filled that gap so I think while its not a sports dedicated camera it is an excellent camera for this type of shooting too.

DarkShadow said:
I put 18-140 on the D3300 and the sigma 150-600 C new home is on the D7200. charging battery now while reading manual.Love the build quality and feels real nice in the hand. I cant wait to try it out.

Woo-hooo! New stuff! Awesome feeling! Bonus karma points headed your way for RTFM'ing!

Honestly, I'm a little disappointed. I thought for sure I could take a ride down to your house in April and try out the D500.. :(

Congrats on the new cam! You will love it!

Actual kris if I did get it I was going to ask you to meet a Hammo and let you rip it on the birds seriously.I got cold feet and back out before it was to late.I am sure it will be a game changer camera but I think is more camera then I really need or the extra expense at this time.I do wish the frame rate was at least 8 fps D7200 but think I will be fine at 6fps and what ever I miss by not having 10fps I cant miss what I don't know I missed.

Actual kris if I did get it I was going to ask you to meet a Hammo and let you rip it on the birds seriously.I got cold feet and back out before it was to late.I am sure it will be a game changer camera but I think is more camera then I really need or the extra expense at this time.I do wish the frame rate was at least 8 fps D7200 but think I will be fine at 6fps and what ever I miss by not having 10fps I cant miss what I don't know I missed.
Oh you never know, maybe I will end up with one.. Judgment day is upon me with Canon gear.. Tomorrow I'm getting a loaner 7dm2 from Canon to see if it can actually track BIF. If the loaner performs as poorly as mine, my time with Canon may be nearing an end...

Sorry to hear your having issues,you have a heck of a system and great glass and a heck of and investment.Whats funny and kinda of crazy is my nikon D3300 on single point tracks better then the Pentax K-3 I had ever did.

I'm so happy for you! Great get.

While true that new gear does NOT make one a better photographer, if it INSPIRES AND MOTIVATES you, it moves you forward, no?

Got the same set last week. My learning curve is a bit steeper, coming from an 'entry' level Canon body. This lens will have to serve me for some time until I can afford better glass.

The 7200 is a beast compared to my Canon. Enjoy it!

Thanks gooner.I actually was surprised on how substantial the D7200 build wise and the viewfinder is crystal clear.I didn't expect it to be cheap feeling even the D3300 is pretty solid but the difference is night and day.

Most reactions

Back