Greetings from Seattle, WA

jqapture

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm John. I picked up my first DSLR back in September and have since been taking photos every day. It is something that I look forward to on a daily basis. I recently found this forum and thought it would be cool to join a community of photographers. If you'd like to check out my pictures, look up jqapture on Instagram and give me some criticism.

Welcome! Looking forward to seeing your photos!

Welcome aboard

I'm from Seattle too. But not the good part.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Howdy. Now that it looks like I may retire I thought I would try out this forum. I have enjoyed and used photography for many years but never to really "pay the rent". At times it has been a tool I used while performing work, focusing more on scientific and technical photography. Of course I have always used it to record things seen on vacation plus family and friends over the years.

I started with an old 35mm (Argus I think) my dad had back in prep school. The first camera I bought was an Olympus 35RC rangefinder. In college I got Olympus and Nikon SLRs and sort of settled on Olympus OM1 and OM2 models as what I liked the best.

I bought into the Kodak 110 line for casual shooting and still have a model 20 and 60 plus a Kodak 110 projector up in some closet.

More recently I got into digital phtography with the Olympus D-520 zoom. That eventually lead to buying into Canon digital SLRs. Instead of spending weeks on the intergoogle at sites like this I picked the Canon line by going to a big box store during a non busy time and playing with a bunch of different digital SLRs for a couple hours before deciding.

There are areas of photography that I played with but it just never grabbed me. Working in a darkroom was well, always work, and I never had one at home. My dad had a plate camera (4x5 as I recall) but that technology never called out to me.

Anyway I look forward to looking around learning on the forum and will post if I can answer a question someone has. Photography is an ongoing learning experience for me; most recently with the new smart phones.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back