What's new

Hasselblad H4D-31 vs. Canon 1DsIV?

Really? You are basically speaking Chinese to me right now, I have no idea what you are saying.

Let's get it straight here, I am not technical/gear head. And I don't do macro. But, do you speak french? I may have a job for you if you do.

French?? EW!

However its more that in the macro world the focus distances remain the same (1:1 focusing distance is still the same no matter the formate size when comparing 35mm againsted crop sensor) however whilst the framing is different, as far as I know/have been led to understand, the depth of field difference still shows up - even though you're using the same lens, same focal length and same distances.
 
had a chat with the store which i'm thinking about buying from, they'll send me a demo-unit next week so i can try it out for some days before i make my decision.

thanks alot for all the responses here, really helped me alot!
 
French?? EW!

OMG! Are you perpetuating the french-english wars? :lmao:

Anyway, I couldn't tell about the focusing distance remaining the same but it does make sense with my limited understanding of this subject. Unfortunately, it also makes sense to me that, because of what is responsible for the DOF, lenses of the same focal length would produce the same DOF so long as everything else is also the same besides the format. Maybe some day I will pull out the DSLR and do some tests...

For all non-macro applications I have however never had a problem getting satisfactory DOF. Which, of course, may be more a result of my photo style than actual physical properties :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom