Hello from Ohio

CD51

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all, just an old shutter bug from Ohio. I have a Pentax K100D with a handful of cheap lenses some from the eighties and some newer and none very expensive.

Well...the camera and the oldie goodies doesn't really matter. What matters most is your shot. It is not the camera...it is the photographer. Anyway, welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Well...the camera and the oldie goodies doesn't really matter. What matters most is your shot. It is not the camera...it is the photographer. Anyway, welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy your stay here.

Thank you for the welcome, I agree and as always enjoy spending time taking pictures. I took these with my Tokina 19-35mm I think it's a great lens for the price.

I like #1 CD as I like the texture of the sands there.

BTW, DH, our dog and I will be in Dayton, Ohio next week for our annual fly-in which our Southern wing members are hosting at the Wright Brothers airport/museum. We're staying at the Marriot so I hope to enjoy using my cameras there. Have you ever been to the USAF Museum? Any tip for me? It is my first time there that is why I am going.

Welcome to the site.

I like #1 CD as I like the texture of the sands there.

BTW, DH, our dog and I will be in Dayton, Ohio next week for our annual fly-in which our Southern wing members are hosting at the Wright Brothers airport/museum. We're staying at the Marriot so I hope to enjoy using my cameras there. Have you ever been to the USAF Museum? Any tip for me? It is my first time there that is why I am going.

Hi Izziek, It's been a while since I have been there. There is another building not connected to the museum called the annex. When I was there you needed to get a pass at the front desk to go check it out. I am not from the Dayton area so I am not much help on city recommendations. Enjoy your time there and the last time I was there my wing commanders plane was in the museum it's an F-111 with a LN tail number. You can take pictures it's darker lighting in the museum and the planes are parked tight. The last time I went there I used 35mm so I have none to post here, I do that on occasion because I still like the look of 35mm and sometimes I forget the joy and agony of waiting for results. :)

Izziek, I used my ZX5 with an M50 f/1.4 at the museum. On reflection my Tokina 19-35 would have been nice to have as well.

Thanks...because this is a special trip for our flying club, all have been arranged and we have special arrangements to visit the USAF Museum and a scheduled visit for 50 at the Restoration and the Presidential areas. I have been looking for tips all over the net to make good my once in a lifetime visit there. And also at the Wright Brothers airport where we were told also have a museum.

What do you mean by ....the last time I was there my wing commanders plane was in the museum it's an F-111 with a LN tail number. Are you also from the military? Most of our members are also from the military. In fact the one who arranged all our tours is an ex-military, a very much decorated Colonel of the army. I go flying with them. I have a Luscombe as my own plane, a single engine taildragger to which I attached my GoPro camera. It is fun once in a while. We are taking it to our fly-in because our other plane, another taildragger called the Swift is down with an oil leak.

Anyway, gotta go...talk to you sometime...

I was in the USAF my first duty station was Grand Forks and then RAF Lakenheath. The F-111 that was in the Museum had the Lakenheath tail number and our Wing Commanders nose art on it. We took part in operation Eldorado Canyon while I was stationed there.

Hello and welcome to the forum...

Our youngest son graduated in the University of North Dakota (Summa *** Laude) and have a helicopter scholarship. He also took single engine flying and now have a CFI, going for his CCFI soon after we come back from Ohio.

BTW, thank you for your service...

Most reactions

Back