Hello from Texas

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by wacky941, Jul 19, 2016.

1. wacky941

wacky941 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I would just like to start my time here by saying hello to everyone. I've had camera's pretty much my whole life but, I consider myself to be a hobbyist/novice. I have digital cameras and accessories that I really enjoy using but lately, I'm starting to revert back to my film cameras that I always enjoyed using but have not played with for at least ten years.
    I have a Pentax K1000 that belonged to my father which ironically is the specific camera that got me interested in 35mm cameras 40+ years ago, my dad bought it and I used it more than he did so he gave it to me in the mid nineties. I also have a Canon A1 that I've had for about twenty years, I stopped using it when I went digital. I have questions about that particular camera now but, that will be at a later time after I have introduced myself and had a chance to see if I can find any existing threads that cover my problem with it.
    My favorite camera is the AE-1 Program, I had two when I was a teenager but had to sell them to make ends meet when I was in the military, later I was in Hong Kong and bought a Black Body AE-1 Program, that one quickly became my favorite unfortunately it was broken when it was knocked off the shelf I had rested it on hitting the concrete. I was heartbroken over it but, that's when I bought the A1 which I really enjoyed also. I found another Black Body AE-1 Program on eBay recently and it is in shipment as I write this, I'm excited to receive it soon, kinda like when you take a picture and have to wait until the film is developed wondering if you got the shot.

Anyway, that's a little bit about me and I am excited to be here, I'm looking forward to the interaction and learning new things from all the experience collected in this one forum.

2. ronlane

ronlane What's next? Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Welcome.

3. wacky941

wacky941 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

Thank you