What's new

Hello, my name is Scott and I'm a photoholic.

You would think music would get better with time... I find most of the best music was over before I was born. Iron maiden is fun but I don't know that I would call them awesome or anything Iced Earth I like but they're basically an Iron Maiden cover band... What can you do other than listen to the old stuff and pray something good comes out soon.
 
I agree that there is a lot of good stuff in the past, but there is some new stuff that is pretty good. But then, that's more of a personal preference than a fact.
 
Everything I listen to on the radio seems overproduced mind you I like Disturbed and a few songs here and there it is just there is such a HUGE body of good music that came out before I was born and maybe a little bit afterwards. Even Metallica's heyday was over by the time I was in school. (and I mean kindergarten).
 
I listen to a lot of NPR. I can not stand the cookie cutter BS that passes for music now. The radio is dead to me. Thank jeebus for the WWW. I listen to a lot of stuff that would never see the light of day if it weren't for the www.
 
Speaking of the www. have you guys ever heard of pandora?
 
I LOVE PANDORA!!!! There is Moody Blues Radio Rammstein Radio and sooo much more!!! Even John McCutcheon (folkish music) can be heard on there.
 
They seriously have EVERYTHING!!!

Only thing is, since i got Vista... I cannot stream it and use PS at the same time... it will freeze my computer...

So i record the streaming and play it in WMP. :D
 
My computer turns off randomly when media is involved... So I have a second laptop I can only get to boot every 10th try streaming pandora whenever I can get it to boot. Any good bands to look for on pandora?
 
Back in the 80's and 90's bands didn't have to be "pretty" I mean look you had Ozzy and Alice Cooper.. And they were FAR from pretty. Today pretty much all the music industry is doing is looking for a pretty face and sticking it on an album cover.
But I also think that music goes in genres as well as decades. 80's and 90's were the pop rock and metal era's, country sucked back then. Now pop is good every once and a while rock is eh and metal is screaming down the toilet, on the other side country music has been at its best in a long time. That is a genre of music that you have to have talent otherwise you will fail.

Country music's new slogan should be... Country, not just a pretty face...
 
Hmm... It looks like I am in a room with padded walls..
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom