What's new

Hello, my name is Scott and I'm a photoholic.

Are you serious you aren't going to be mixing your own chemicals. I had to mix my fixer and developer at home so I could develope my negatives
 
I wish I was taking a photography class this semester! I miss the dark room

Yea, the darkroom has a smell and and feel that you either love or hate. The brown stained fingers and smell of stop bath. Great, ain't it? I really mis all that, ne day I'll break out the gear and set it up again. For all I know, my enlarging lenses might be full of fungus. I'd be a shame, they were great in there day.
 
Seriously no mixing our own chemicals... I'll probably have to get my own film development kit just so I can do it all myself a couple of times...
 
FM10 or the Mamiya NC1000 really depends on my mood.

Have you ever played with an old Nikkormat? Heavy as a brick that you can drive nails with, but a great rugged old rig. I have several, but love to use them with an old hand-held Gossen meter and a 50mm f/1.4. You can probably find one for around 25-50.00. There a lot of fun.
 
Yea, the darkroom has a smell and and feel that you either love or hate. The brown stained fingers and smell of stop bath. Great, ain't it? I really mis all that, ne day I'll break out the gear and set it up again. For all I know, my enlarging lenses might be full of fungus. I'd be a shame, they were great in there day.

Oh I know, I miss it like crazy! I haven't been in the dark room for about 4 years! *sigh*
I want to buy a house so I can make a room into my own personal dark room.. Kev is fighting me on it.. But by damnit I want one!


Digital is the way of the future....

Dark room.. Is the true form of art...!
 
So John when is the Photo going to be published?

I'm not sure if it will be this month or nexts issue that is being marked up. With a 2-3 month lead it might be May or June before it's in print.
 
I'm not sure if it will be this month or nexts issue that is being marked up. With a 2-3 month lead it might be May or June before it's in print.


Well let me know, I will have to buy it, send it to you and have you and the band autograph it... lol
 
Oh I know, I miss it like crazy! I haven't been in the dark room for about 4 years! *sigh*
I want to buy a house so I can make a room into my own personal dark room.. Kev is fighting me on it.. But by damnit I want one!


Digital is the way of the future....

Dark room.. Is the true form of art...!

Yea, in 5-10 years film might be the very expensive and rare art form. Chemistry might be made by the artist with home mixed chemistry. There may be no commercial chemicals made by that time. It would be a shame.
 
I have a tough question for you two...


When you look at my avatar, or just read what I type ( on other threads, this one doesn't count... lol)
What kind of impression do you get of me?
 
Have you ever played with an old Nikkormat? Heavy as a brick that you can drive nails with, but a great rugged old rig. I have several, but love to use them with an old hand-held Gossen meter and a 50mm f/1.4. You can probably find one for around 25-50.00. There a lot of fun.

I'll be sure to pick one up when I have a little more money.
 
Yea, in 5-10 years film might be the very expensive and rare art form. Chemistry might be made by the artist with home mixed chemistry. There may be no commercial chemicals made by that time. It would be a shame.


Oh I know, it will be a shame..
Such a fun form of art, and I am really big on art. To waste.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom