What's new

Hello, my name is Scott and I'm a photoholic.

Well, we lost one of our big parrots about 11:00 last night. Didn't talk about it last night, cause I was pretty broken up about it. She was a Greenwinged Macaw, about 34" from head to tail. She had asthma and had new attacks starting last Thursday. The vet said her air-sacks were scared really bad from all the previous attacks and we should not expect her to survive many more. Well, we have been treating her several times a day with a nebulizer and she just got worse. She died in my arms about 10:45 last night. She was a real love, one of the few girlfriends Cathy will let me have. (all critter) Well, I quit feeling sorry for myself and let the thread get back to nonsense.
 
Well, we lost one of our big parrots about 11:00 last night. Didn't talk about it last night, cause I was pretty broken up about it. She was a Greenwinged Macaw, about 34" from head to tail. She had asthma and had new attacks starting last Thursday. The vet said her air-sacks were scared really bad from all the previous attacks and we should not expect her to survive many more. Well, we have been treating her several times a day with a nebulizer and she just got worse. She died in my arms about 10:45 last night. She was a real love, one of the few girlfriends Cathy will let me have. (all critter) Well, I quit feeling sorry for myself and let the thread get back to nonsense.



Oh John, I'm so sorry for your lost. :hug::
 
Thanks Meg. All living things come to an end, we all know that. It does not make it easier though.

Yes, I know, I have lost many animals and loved ones. And it never gets easier. Either way, I am sorry for your loss...:hug::
 
Wow what a pretty bird.

Yes, she was. And a real social bird. She would go to anyone and loved kids. Our 1 1/2 Y.O. granddaughter would pet and feed her. They were really fond of each other. Emma does not know Polly is gone yet. It's hard to explain to kids that young where lost pets have gone.
 
Yes I know.. I am trying to explain to my kids where we are going this weekend.. And what happened.
We have gone to funerals before but I don't think they totally understand.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom