What's new

Hello, my name is Scott and I'm a photoholic.

HAHAHA You could be Smilin Bob! :lol:


Besides math, where is your comfort zone?

My comfort zones are many actually my only real un-comfort zone is meeting people and getting past the uncomfortable finding something to talk about stage.
 
Hmm... well now what?

OH BTW!!!!

Our baseball team won the tournament!!! WAHOOOO!!!

DSCN1082.jpg
 
Ok everyone I want those who claim to be addicted to show me a picture, even if it is of your shoe!!
 
When I find my card reader I'll post. My brain is currently working on a different project though. How do I find an excuse to go to this specific females house to get her phone number.
 
Excuses are for the meek. Go over there and tell her it is with the sole intention of asking her out. She'll find your confidence sexy.
 
Excuses... Why do you need excuses? Go over to her house and tell her that you need an excuse to be there and ask her if she has a good one.
 
Excuses are for the weak I'm weak when it comes to women.

[serious]

I am too. But confidence drives a woman wild. Second to money, its the one thing that they all love. And weakness... they don't like that. Its been my opinion (though they'll disagree) that they aren't too big on modesty, either. People aren't near as good at picking up on things as we give them credit for. If you say you're not cool, people will believe you, whether you act cool or not. This is just my observation, though.

So you should fake the confidence. Even if she DOES say no, at least it will be over and done with, and you don't have to keep worrying about whether or not she'll say yes or no. And then you can go find some other hot girl and ask her. If you go up to 100 attractive women, and get a 5% success rate, that's 5 dates with 5 different hotties!

Just some unsolicited advice. I'll shut up now.

[/serious]
 
I understand the argument but in all reality it doesn't get me what I want. I believe life works as a series of exchanges of perceived value. Say I'm a photographer and I own an assortment of Nikon lenses and I want to upgrade my camera body, there are 2 companies out there that sell cameras in roughly the same bracket Nikon and Canon. Both of these bodies sell for the same amount of money (roughly) but the Nikon has a much higher perceived value to me than the Canon. For the same reason I do not chase "hotties" I do not have as high of a perceived value to a "hottie" as I do to someone that would belong in my social network in the same vein a "hottie" doesn't have as high of a perceived value to me because they don't fit in my social network. In this case I'm trading what I believe is my value at a lower rate than if I were to trade on my social network. In this case not only am I going to be trading for something that is of less value to me I'll be trading myself at a lower perceived value putting me with women that are worth very little to me. If I were to instead trade in a smaller network of women that fit in my social network I would be trading for something I valued at a higher rate with my full value (as I perceive it). The main problem with this approach is of course the size of the pool to choose from. I have to take the much different approach of "investing time" and choosing from maybe 10-20 women during the school year and maybe 5 outside of the school year. This of course is problematic when your social network is small and you have little opportunity to meet women that might fit. This of course raises the value of women in the social network (of which there are few) as they increase the probability of encounters with women of similar social position. This of course makes asking a woman that fits in the network out on a date a questionable proposition as it limits the size of the network if the gamble doesn't pay off. Removing said woman as a possible node in the network is a very costly decision which if I play my part wrong and do something that is perceived as rude or otherwise unacceptable to said woman I've eliminated two possibilities instead of one the possibility of a date and the possibility of a friend that increases my network size and has connections to other possible nodes or dates. This long diatribe brought to you by a geek who probably has no clue what he is talking about.
 
Okay, but I disagree. Even if people disagree with you, they admire your ability to be okay with being different than others (confidence, once again). Also, asking a woman out does not limit the dating pool. The woman subconsciously knows whether or not she'd say yes before you ask. How you're percieved by others is pretty much ingrained in people within a fairly short time of meeting them, IMO. And many women would still love to have a guy as a friend when they don't like them as boyfriends. I don't recommend this unless you LIKE having your heart ripped out, but its still an option.

And all of my words to describe women intentionally didn't reference looks. A hottie girl to me is one that knows who John Coltrane is, and can hold interesting conversation. There was a girl I met who was actually physically not all that great, but I thought she was a hottie cause she played bass in a band (rock stars get all the action). That told me she'd be fun to hang around.

Dude, just ask. You can rationalize not asking her all you want (and I do this too, I'm not above being afraid), but understand the only person you are harming by not going after what you want is yourself. She will not appreciate you not asking, nor will anyone else for that matter.

Also, don't wait too long to ask a woman out. You need to be giving her signs from the get go that you like her romantically. And if you do this long enough without asking her out, she'll just think you're a tease or a flirt, and not give you the time of day. Of course this is just my experiences, yours could be different.
 
Last edited:
I understand the argument but in all reality it doesn't get me what I want. I believe life works as a series of exchanges of perceived value. Say I'm a photographer and I own an assortment of Nikon lenses and I want to upgrade my camera body, there are 2 companies out there that sell cameras in roughly the same bracket Nikon and Canon. Both of these bodies sell for the same amount of money (roughly) but the Nikon has a much higher perceived value to me than the Canon. For the same reason I do not chase "hotties" I do not have as high of a perceived value to a "hottie" as I do to someone that would belong in my social network in the same vein a "hottie" doesn't have as high of a perceived value to me because they don't fit in my social network. In this case I'm trading what I believe is my value at a lower rate than if I were to trade on my social network. In this case not only am I going to be trading for something that is of less value to me I'll be trading myself at a lower perceived value putting me with women that are worth very little to me. If I were to instead trade in a smaller network of women that fit in my social network I would be trading for something I valued at a higher rate with my full value (as I perceive it). The main problem with this approach is of course the size of the pool to choose from. I have to take the much different approach of "investing time" and choosing from maybe 10-20 women during the school year and maybe 5 outside of the school year. This of course is problematic when your social network is small and you have little opportunity to meet women that might fit. This of course raises the value of women in the social network (of which there are few) as they increase the probability of encounters with women of similar social position. This of course makes asking a woman that fits in the network out on a date a questionable proposition as it limits the size of the network if the gamble doesn't pay off. Removing said woman as a possible node in the network is a very costly decision which if I play my part wrong and do something that is perceived as rude or otherwise unacceptable to said woman I've eliminated two possibilities instead of one the possibility of a date and the possibility of a friend that increases my network size and has connections to other possible nodes or dates. This long diatribe brought to you by a geek who probably has no clue what he is talking about.

holy **** my head just exploded...:madass:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom