What's new

Hello, my name is Scott and I'm a photoholic.

Believe it or not, I have tucked away an old Compaq 286 "Lugable" portable computer. I think it has a 720 K floppy, 1200 baud modem, 128 K ram, and a 5" green screen. Last time I plugged it in, it worked. (they never had batteries) I also have a 8088 laptop. Wow! Now those were the days! NOT! Although I do miss the simplicity of DOS. Not so much that the command prompt was easy, although I found it so. But that the machines were much faster to load and perform without the GUI interface. A lot less horsepower was needed back them. When we had our storefront open, I ran a P.O.S. system on a 386SX, 512K ram and had over 20,000 items in a DOS database. We could scan a bar-code and the item description would pop-up instantly on the invoice. We still have a lot of that stuff stacked up in what we call the "Warehouse". If only we could run P-Shop and View NX on DOS. (he he) Obviously, without the GUI OS we would not have digital photography as we do now. Never hurt to reminisce though.

But, I digress. Back to our regularly scheduled program.
 
GUI is ok but I still prefer the command line interface afforded to you by linux.
 
Ok now you guys have gone into a territory that I can't even B.S. about..
That takes talent!
 
No worries I'm sure I'll find something we can all talk about like the fact that I really need to find better ways of meeting women. Obviously my friends parties are about the worst imaginable place.
 
hi my name is chris and i admit i am a photoholic, it all started with an old film p&s, than a canon digital p&s, it continued with a fuji p&s(stupid me x() and now i am at d60 level, more to come

all my other cameras are in the family. i kinda forced my parents to buy them :| i know... i'm not proud of it(but i managed to raise money for my d60 :D)

at times i wake up and i realise i was dreaming of owning multiple D3s.

other times i find myself thinking of ways to improve on my tehnique and all of a sudden i get slapped over the face cause my girlfriend was talking "to" me about something important.

i never leave the house without my nikon (and a fuji p&s just in case) and if i do i bang my head against the wall each and every time i miss an opportunity

all my money go into the "lens buying fund"

i spend almost all of my free time with my camera- aka my love (hope girlfriend doesn't see this)

my girlfriend used to be gelous but now she is hooked too (lucky she did not leave)

all my friends(actually former frineds) know what shutter speed, aperture, dof, iso are cause i constantly talk their ears off

please accept me... i'm desperate for help.
 
Last edited:
The first phase of recovery is acceptance. At least you are not in denial of the fact that you ARE an addict. We understand and know what you are going through.
Now hand over the camera.. It's ok, it's part of the process.. I will be happy to take it! :D
 
The first phase of recovery is acceptance. At least you are not in denial of the fact that you ARE an addict. We understand and know what you are going through.
Now hand over the camera.. It's ok, it's part of the process.. I will be happy to take it! :D


NO! YOU CAN'T MAKE ME! she's my everything... i'm not ready to give her up :(( me and NIKO have so much fun together, i touch her buttons the way she loves it, she keeps teasing me with crappy results more than often but i still love her :)
 
Giving up is the next step, just give up and let her go, to me, i'll then ship it to BB...








yeah right
 
Sorry BB but sometimes people just need to accept that they're addicted and continue having fun. *snap snap* that was cool looking.
 
No no.. He wanted help. How can I help him if he won't give it up... come sbura, you can do it.. hand it over!
 
i tried, believe me i tried. yesterday i've let NIKO at home and went for a walk (that's a first) but after 30 min i missed to many opportunities and i started to miss my little snapping baby and when i got home she jumped into my arms and cried that she missed me (or at least that is what i saw :), the ppl that where there say i just picked her up from the desk but what do they know) so i'm never leaving her alone EVER again.

Giving her up is not a sollution so i might as well remain a photoholic *snap*
 
*Yemme pulls up a lazy boy... Cheetos (check), Doritos (check), Smarties (check), Harbio's Gummi Bears (check), Sprite (check), Jose Cuervo (check)*

Jumps in on page 92...see monkeykoder :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom