Help me choose!!

As above, here's some of mine that have been published to give you an idea

568956140_R4i7f-M.jpg

I like these two shots. Good use of diagonals provide a nice visual dynamic. The sharpness of these, especially the splash and spray, are way beyond your OP shots.

Well, those are gsgary's photos, not Eventer's photos, who is the OP, and gsgary only tried to make her understand what kind of event photos really sell and what she needs to look for in the future in order to make hers look so she will get the job in the Equine Photography business.

Well, those are gsgary's photos, not Eventer's photos, who is the OP, and gsgary only tried to make her understand what kind of event photos really sell and what she needs to look for in the future in order to make hers look so she will get the job in the Equine Photography business.

Yep... my mistake. Eventer had said that it was hard to choose pics from the portfolio and I thought these were other considerations. Thanks for the heads up.

This is what i do on some weekends at events and you need to be able to capture good shot day in day out probably 600+ good shots in any conditions
at just 1 event
#1 might sell but the ears are not forward and that is what the rider looks for
#2 Would sell but the white on the nose would have to be sorted but when printing on site there is no time for photoshop so they need to be right first time
#3 Would not sell
#4 Would sell
#5 Would probably sell but again ears are not forward
#6 Might sell but not great quality
#7 Would not sell,bad positioning
Another thing it looks like there are only 3 horses in these shots
There are only 3 horses in the shot haha - Is that a bad thing?
The ears iforward is hard to achieve mith most action shot of the horse moving, 90% of the tim the horses ear are back listneing to the rider etc

As above, here's some of mine that have been published to give you an idea

568956140_R4i7f-M.jpg

Oh Go Andrew! Hes amazing!
I know what sort of photos I need to achieve - I know exactly what I want I just havent been able to get to the places where they host the big events.
So should I not post those just yet? and just wait till I can get out to a bigger event?

Go to some big events and talk to the other togs get some good shots and send them off , when i have a media pass togs are always asking what my settings are sometimes i tell them if they are female and good looking :sexywink:
Here's another of Andrew
293456243_xGpce-L.jpg

Andrew's such a legend - Love the guy, hes pretty much my idol to be honest! I go anywhere to get a lesson from him!

There really arnt big events around here though, well this time of year anyway. There reallys isnt anything.
And I still havent replied to the email? Should I just send a 3 or 4 then? Ive got a photoshoot fo somone this weekend - should i wait untill then to send some photos, or send a couple, explain ive got a photoshoot (jumping too so that action shots he ways) then send the best few from then to him also?

I would just send 1 email with your best after the shoot, When you are shooting jumps do you prefocus ? if i was using your equipment i would just infront of the jump(i always use manual) but you could use aperture priority set to F4-F5.6 minimum shutter speed 1/500 adjust iso to suit and ev to get the exposure right and get low and shoot at about 100mm, this was shot at a small event 100mm F4
656803839_Dwr5x-L.jpg

Hmm the shoot somtime this weekend though... I dont want to reply to the email late as... But perhaps your right. I could get better Jumping photos to choose from... and he did spectify "action shots" so it might be better to wait...
Yep I use auto focus and pre focus on the jump. 90% of the time to shoot in Aperture priority. Any other tips to get better jumping photos would be great :D Your photo are fantastic - The jumping ones i posted were the first jumping shots ive taken with that lens (i only bought it recently)

I would say the 1st one and the 8th one.

there is something about number 8 by far my favorite its clean very crisp and professional i would definately make one of those a marker

I like 6 and 8. Props to Gary on his pro shots.

Eventer, don't underestimate the green color. Your green is exactly how it looks in real life on a sunny day. Which means, it's kinda boring.

I think aesthetically, you should jack up the Saturation and Vibrancy to make it stand out. Maybe even dropping the exposure just a tad too. If you don't want to do that in Post, then do it in the camera in "Picture Style" (for Canon).

Most reactions

Back