Help with computer hardware essentials for lightroom.

uk.pcpartpicker.com

Go to the top right of the screen to change the country listing (not sure which country you are in).

You can use the site to help organise a build, plus when you've made a built you can use the link it generates to show others to get feedback; great little site. I'd start with a budget and then see what starts to fit into the budget. You can always go up if you underestimate the costs and it gives you a starting point of reference to work with (otherwise these discussions are very hard to have as there is a huge wealth of options for various price levels).

Another thing to keep in mind is that an i5 on a laptop and or tablet is not the equivalent of an i5 on a desktop (an i5 on a desktop is relatively equivalent to an i7 in a laptop).

From my experience (and it has been previously stated here) the biggest performance factor is how well Lightroom or Photoshop will play while other programs are running. This means 8gb of Ram minimum. To put this into perspective, your OS usually uses 2-2.5 gb, chrome or Firefox will suck up 1-1.5, and your average LR session will use 1-2.

A dedicated graphics card should also help speed up the lag when you make changes and shift levels and stuff in LR.

Any other modifications (hard disks, etc) will help in the speed of file transfer to and from your computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back