What's new

Historic Downtown Buildings at Dusk

NJMAN

TPF Noob!
Joined
Aug 1, 2006
Messages
2,104
Reaction score
2
Location
Far beyond the bowels of human existence...Minneso
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took these after work recently. I wanted to catch the light from the street lamps on the buildings before it got too dark. It gets dark way too early this time of year now with daylight savings. C&C most welcome and appreciated. Thanks as always for looking. :)

historic_websave.jpg


I also have a vertical one.
historic2_websave.jpg
\

Thanks for looking! :)

NJ
 
:thumbup:Dude thoes kick ass...

ohh now look what you've done.... make me curse and all. :sexywink:
 
Cool. Where is that? Looks familiar...
 
Very nice. I'm curious as to how you get the great saturated color, with out compromising the photo.
 
where in NJ is this?
 
Thanks everyone for the great comments! Really appreciated. :)


:thumbup:Dude thoes kick ass...

ohh now look what you've done.... make me curse and all. :sexywink:

HA HA! Sorry Scott, I hate to be the cause of your cursing. You can blame it on me. :)

Cool. Where is that? Looks familiar...

Thanks Neal. This was taken in western wisconsin, where I spend a lot of my time.

Very nice. I'm curious as to how you get the great saturated color, with out compromising the photo.

Thanks doobs! Actually, I didnt add any saturation to these at all. The key is low ISO, long exposures, and a sturdy tripod. It also helps to use mirror lockup, which helps to minimize the slight shutter vibration when the image is snapped.

where in NJ is this?

As I told Neal, this is actually in western wisconsin. I dont live in NJ. ;) Thanks for asking.
 
this is nice, in particular the two complementary colours
 
As I told Neal, this is actually in western wisconsin. I dont live in NJ. ;) Thanks for asking.

lol... i feel slightly cheated NJMAN!!!!!!!
 
So wait, if you're not in New Jersey, what's up with the name?
You were raised in New Jersey ...right?

Awesome photos, man! I love the first one, especially.
 
Exactly what I thought! Great work!

Thanks again doobs!

Those are really gorgeous pictures!

Thank you so much smcaskil. :)

Wow your not from NJ!! I was just starting to think NJ was a nice place cuz of your photos :)

Well, whether NJ is a nice place or not, I wouldnt know. But thanks for the compliment Heck! :)

this is nice, in particular the two complementary colours

Thanks Alex. Much appreciated!

lol... i feel slightly cheated NJMAN!!!!!!!

Sorry, didnt mean to cheat ya Beth. haha! I dont know why everyone thinks Im from Jersey. If it makes you feel any better, I have family in Basking Ridge and Bridgewater there.


now this is a great image! I loooove the sky, and the way you have the vanishing point on the building too

Thanks very much ShaCow. :)

So wait, if you're not in New Jersey, what's up with the name?
You were raised in New Jersey ...right?

Awesome photos, man! I love the first one, especially.

Thanks Up!
Nope, I wasnt raised in Jersey. NJ is the first and middle initials of my name. Thats what you get for assuming. ;)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom