How are reflectors used?

Derrel, you obviously don't know what you are talking about. I read somewhere on the internet that anybody who uses reflectors is a rank amateur who doesn't know anything about lighting. I wish you would stop trying to fill people's heads with nonsense.

Don't buy that BS. I know a lot of photographers who shoot without one and photographers who shoot with the use of reflectors(including me).

Answer this question...there are tons of natural/ambient light photographers out there. How do you think they're pulling this off?
Come back when you have actually read the thread.

I take it you were being sarcastic :lol:

Don't buy that BS. I know a lot of photographers who shoot without one and photographers who shoot with the use of reflectors(including me).

Answer this question...there are tons of natural/ambient light photographers out there. How do you think they're pulling this off?
Come back when you have actually read the thread.

I take it you were being sarcastic :lol:

Ahh, what a difference a little bit of context makes...

...... Reflectors, IMHO, are a sign of a rank amateur who doesn't know much about lighting. I've work with many "real" pros, and they rarely use reflectors. Why woudl you? It's just a subsitute for another light.

I see much talk about using reflectors for outdoor portraits,

I wouldn't know, I haven't used one since I started in photography.
Precisley the reason to use one...... as a substitue for another light.

My point is, it's a piss poor substitute, and VERY large and clumsy at that... there's no reason to use one at all.

obvious troll is obvious

My point is, it's a piss poor substitute, and VERY large and clumsy at that... there's no reason to use one at all.

I have to admit, when doing many of my macro shoots I do get annoyed at the large size and clumsiness of those dang index cards I use to fill in shadows. Instead of those huge clumsy 4"x6" 50mil index cards what I really need is a 500ws monolight! Yeah right :)

Allan

Somewhere in Texas there is a village missing it's idiot.:lol:

I seriously hope you aren't a professional...you know, actually selling images for a living. I haven't seen a more ignorant post by a someone who's supposedly a seasoned photographer, well, in at least a couple months.

Maybe I'll just pretend you're actually just a troll, because someone who actually knows something about making images would know how ridiculous this statement actually is. Yeah, that's it, must be another troll...

Reflectors can also be used to bash, bludgeon, smash, and pummel other photographers. I like my ancient Bogen-branded LightForm P22 panels, the black PVC ones, as bludgeons. I fill one of the shorter, bottom cross-members with fine pebbles, effectively tripling its weight. It delivers a mighty blow, and then once the other guy is reeling from the sting of the blow, I like to move in and choke the chit out of him using the internal bungee cord and the other pipe pieces as levers!!! Usually, after 45-70 seconds, he'll stop kicking and will go limp, and then I can re-set-up the panel and get back to shooting.

DIY Collapsible Bungee Light Panel (Lightform P22 Imitation) - a photo on Flickriver

Most reactions

Back