How do you view photography?

How you view photography

• Total voters

Hawaii Five-O

My alter-egos have been banned. :( Now I must be
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Do you think of photography as a way for you to create something and relaying a message about you. Or do you think of photography as capturing something and the photo speaks for itself, saying nothing about the monkey pushing the buttons or what the monkey is trying to say.
wasntme.gif
I believe photography is the latter and looks outwardly, and not inwardly.

The latter... basically. But, there might be some truth in the former, so disregard this post.:confused:

I wasn't even considering PSing. I was thinking more in the lines of setting up a shot to fit a specific personality, or cat vs dog pics, baby vs sports, and so on.

From the options - neither.
What I capture with the lens and camera is going to speak about some aspect of myself even if I don't quite know what that aspect is. However I view it very much as capturing since I tend to favoure wildlife and animals - where you capture shots you don't get much room to creat shots -- least in the say way that a model shooter can create as shot. I have no control over my subject most of the time so I have to make do with what they offer up :)

Even the most dedicated objective journalistic photographer is going to filter everything they do through their eyes. Unless we photograph blind, or literally take a picture of everything, we are imprinting our opinions, outlook, and way of thinking onto the images that we create.

I think there is a little of both, but it depends on what subject I'm going after. I think most of the time its the latter.

I feel that it is both. But like Khallene said, it depends on the subject. I'm sure if you had a group of photographers taking a picture of the same thing, each one would look a little different. You should have made a poll for both :)

i usually use photography to express how im feeling. for instance, the most depressing point in my life, i took alot of sunset pics to symbolize how i felt. lots of people do this without even realizing.

Even the most dedicated objective journalistic photographer is going to filter everything they do through their eyes. Unless we photograph blind, or literally take a picture of everything, we are imprinting our opinions, outlook, and way of thinking onto the images that we create.

agreed

When I picked up a camera, it all began with nature. Not very surprising really, I think a lot of photographers start here. A tree doesn't care how many times you walk around it to find the best angle, or how long you fiddle with the settings to get the right exposure, or even how many times you ask for another sitting, since you didn't get it right the first 5 times.
----------------------------
johnyymathew
Social advertiser

Most reactions

New Topics

Back