How many have a D5000?

I have a D5000, but it's not my main camera. While I really like the D5k, I would not want it to be my only camera....doesn't compare to my D90 in many ways.

I chose the D5000 over the D90. The D90 is not worth the $200 higher price tag and I can take just as good pictures with the D5000.

Sure it is...maybe not to you, but it easily has $200 worth of features. When I'm doing serious shooting, I need to be able to change WB, ISO, and all the other settings on the fly without removing my face from the viewfinder. I also need to control my flash wirelessly a lot which you can't do with a D5000 and retain ttl without getting an SU-800. Not to mention the viewfinder is so much nicer in the D90 than the D5k.

A lot of pictures you could do just as well with on the D5k...but there's many times that if I give you a D5000 and an SB-600 and I have a D90 and SB-600, you won't be able to get as nice of photos no matter how hard you try.....cause you can't move your flash off camera. Then there's the fact that I can change things on the fly so I can change my shooting setup a lot faster. I like both cameras...own both, but the D90, for serious shooting has a lot more to offer in convenience and flash control.

i do have also but i want to concentrate to product shot and i think i need to upgrade something or i can fix my photo shoot using my flash power

i have a d5000 and it was my first dslr. at that time i didnt even look at any of the cameras above d90 and i went with the d5000 because it was newer and i just couldnt justify spending over 1000 on a camera. now i wish i had gotten the d300s.

So it seems most folks who have a D5000 like them just fine. :)

Well, you will notice in my sig that I have the D300 AND the D5000.
I found a few things I liked about the D5000 that the D300 doesn't have, (and the D300 thumps the D90) is the Video and tilting LCD. There are a lot of shots where you have to bend over, shoot over or other awkward angles and that LCD is a lifesaver sometimes.

If you know how to use the camera and fully understand composition & lighting, either the D300 or D5000 works fine. Kinda like a Caddy & Aveo comparison... either one gets you from point A to point B. The Caddy is just easier to drive and use, hence, so is the D300 or D90.

I got mine 3 months ago for my first DSLR. I love it but now I want a D7000. I wanted the D90 when I got my D5000 but I thought I'd wait till the D90 was replaced by Nikon. I thought the D90 replacement would be a little cheaper than the current D90 but it kinda looks like the D7000 is it.

Not sure what I'll do with my D5000 when I upgrade. I was hoping one of my 3 grown children or my wife would want it. If not I will probably sell it. I wish I needed to keep it as a backup but I don't think I'm there yet.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back