How many of you are "Pros" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cptkid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This has probably been covered at some point before, however, I'm curious to find out how many folks on this site are Professional Photographers.

Now I know this is a broad term, i.e. What constitues a pro right?

For this discussion I would like to know how many of you guys and girls have Photography as their main source of income ? (It's what you do for a living)

I'd also like to know how many of you use Photography as a supplementary income?

Then who's a hobby-ist like me ?

I'm currently still at a level where its a hobby, but i'm gaining more and more experience, and hope over the next year or so I can start to gain some kind of income from my photography.

:D

I'll play along. I'm a hobbist who is a professional in something other than photography. I also spend a lot more than any supplementary income from my photography on my photography.

I guess my answer would depend on one's definition of 'pro'.

If 'pro' means I pay my mortgage, put kids through college, buy a nice house by pushing a shutter button, then I am absolutely not a pro.

But if 'pro' means I have sold my work in exchange for money, then yes I am.

So the best answer I can give the OP is "I use photography as a supplementary income."

I guess my answer would depend on one's definition of 'pro'.

So the best answer I can give the OP is "I use photography as a supplementary income."

Definition in the OP

For this discussion I would like to know how many of you guys and girls have Photography as their main source of income ? (It's what you do for a living)

When it comes to photography I've spent infinitely times as much as I've earned. :D

I've yet to earn my first euro from a photo... :p

Ish...photography is part of the process of producing art prints which I do make some money from, also invaluable for getting the references needed to do a painting in the first place. I don't make money directly out of photography but I'd be knackered without it.

Last edited:
Professional Assistant Fluffer.

What was the question again? I am drunk.

I'm an analyst by day, photographer by... whenever I'm not being an analyst or Mommy.

I make a little side cash from photography, but it goes right back into gear, film, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back