How many of you are "Pros" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem with this thread... and ANY thread where the word "professional" comes up, is that it is about people's PERSONAL definitions of "professional". Heck in the ORIGINAL post on this thread, the OP "defines" it. I should start a thread that says "How many of you are professional photographers? And by professional, I mean that you wear a necklace of cheese donuts around your neck while shooting pictures of naked Barbie dolls."

What's more is people get all freakin' bent out of shape over whether or not they get the "honor" of having this or that label.

I swear if I ran this forum I'd hack the code so that any time the word "professional" was posted in a thread it would insta-lock.

:grumpy:

And FYI ... to the OP ... I'm not barking at you, I'm just barking at the situation.

If everyone would just get over themselves and accept my definition as gospel then there wouldn't be any more trouble. I can only do so much when the world is divided thus.

I'll accept your definition if it includes cheese donuts and naked Barbie dolls.

homer-drooling.png

The problem with this thread... and ANY thread where the word "professional" comes up, is that it is about people's PERSONAL definitions of "professional".

I don't really see the problem. The answer is actually very simple. Do you call yourself a professional photographer? Yes or no - whatever you said, that is your answer to this thread.

Everybody might have a slightly different idea of what a pro is, but we all know whether we go around telling everyone we're a pro or not...

But Josh, the OP defined pro as someone making "most of their money from photography" or some such. (I'm not going to go back and read it again because it'll make my blood boil... but trust me... it was something like that)

So yeah, that's the problem.

If the OP had left the definition off, I think what I said would apply. I think it does anyway, actually. I'll give the OP the benefit of doubt that he only included his definition because he knew that if he didn't, the first 20 posts would be giving him **** about it.

I think it's funny how many of you said "depends how you define a pro" when the OP clearly stated for this discussion purpose only, it's where you make your income off it, or something like that.

Jesus people, learn to read.

Ok, berate me now. I need abuse.

make it hurt so bad, 'cause it feels so good when you stop.
that's how I like it anyway...

The problem with this thread... and ANY thread where the word "professional" comes up, is that it is about people's PERSONAL definitions of "professional". Heck in the ORIGINAL post on this thread, the OP "defines" it. I should start a thread that says "How many of you are professional photographers? And by professional, I mean that you wear a necklace of cheese donuts around your neck while shooting pictures of naked Barbie dolls."

What's more is people get all freakin' bent out of shape over whether or not they get the "honor" of having this or that label.

I swear if I ran this forum I'd hack the code so that any time the word "professional" was posted in a thread it would insta-lock.

:grumpy:

And FYI ... to the OP ... I'm not barking at you, I'm just barking at the situation.

If everyone would just get over themselves and accept my definition as gospel then there wouldn't be any more trouble. I can only do so much when the world is divided thus.

I'll accept your definition if it includes cheese donuts and naked Barbie dolls.

homer-drooling.png

I can live with that. So it shall be.

Ok, so if the OP lays down the definition, then other people argue with the definition.

And if he doesn't, then people argue over their definition anyway.

It's just ridiculous.

Seriously: instalock.

Ok, so if the OP lays down the definition, then other people argue with the definition.

It's just ridiculous.

Well, obviously these kinds of questions will continue to be asked... Ignoring them just doesn't seem right, lol.

I think people (everyone) just need to accept that we all have a slightly different idea of what a "pro" is, but we probably agree on more of it than disagree. When somebody asks a question like this, it doesn't really matter what they think a pro is. He wants to know if you think you're a pro.

Any one of us should be able to answer that question without caring what the other guy thinks a pro is.

The problem with this thread... and ANY thread where the word "professional" comes up, is that it is about people's PERSONAL definitions of "professional".

I don't really see the problem. The answer is actually very simple. Do you call yourself a professional photographer? Yes or no - whatever you said, that is your answer to this thread.

Everybody might have a slightly different idea of what a pro is, but we all know whether we go around telling everyone we're a pro or not...

But Josh, the OP defined pro as someone making "most of their money from photography" or some such. (I'm not going to go back and read it again because it'll make my blood boil... but trust me... it was something like that)

This has probably been covered at some point before, however, I'm curious to find out how many folks on this site are Professional Photographers.

Now I know this is a broad term, i.e. What constitues a pro right?

For this discussion I would like to know how many of you guys and girls have Photography as their main source of income ? (It's what you do for a living)

I'd also like to know how many of you use Photography as a supplementary income?

Then who's a hobby-ist like me ?

I'm currently still at a level where its a hobby, but i'm gaining more and more experience, and hope over the next year or so I can start to gain some kind of income from my photography.

:D

I'll go and put the kettle on...

It's just ridiculous.

Apparently the definition of "pro" is subjective, but photography/art isn't

This has probably been covered at some point before, however, I'm curious to find out how many folks on this site are Professional Photographers.

Now I know this is a broad term, i.e. What constitues a pro right?

For this discussion I would like to know how many of you guys and girls have Photography as their main source of income ? (It's what you do for a living)

I'd also like to know how many of you use Photography as a supplementary income?

Then who's a hobby-ist like me ?

I'm currently still at a level where its a hobby, but i'm gaining more and more experience, and hope over the next year or so I can start to gain some kind of income from my photography.

:D

I'll go and put the kettle on...

Another yes or no question... I really don't see what the big debate is. Are we going to discuss what qualifies as "supplemental income" now? Seriously?

My two cents is.... when did bunnies begin to bark? Oo

Absolutely agree, what dorks have been dissing the pros anyway? let's name and shame!

nah.. that wouldn't be PC... and would be against forum policy! Somebody might get their little itsy bitsy feelings hurt! ;)

That's right...and that somebody would be ME! After all the warm cozy nights we've spent together, me threatening to ban you and you taunting me, with your wild laugh. hmmph!

Terri... I just had an orgasm thinking about those warm, cozy nights! ;)! lol! (but you do notice I am not picking on ANYBODY!)

I think maybe we've taken this subject in enough circles now and its time for a break. Everyone (pros - non-pros - suspect pros - possible pros and others) head out and do some photography its summer (or its winter which means sane temperatures if your in Ozland).

*I'm also not sure I can end the thread with anything Clean sounding after that last post either ;)*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back