how much for a used Nikon F5?

emulsioni

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i want to buy a used F5. what do you think is a reasonable price for one in good condition? thanks a lot!

yea i've been looking myself. the most common price i find is about $400

keh.com and b&h have them if you want to buy from a store and not the bay of e.

hope that helps

Unless you need mirror lock-up, skip it, save a few hundred dollars (to buy a nice prime) and get a F100.

F100? no, i NEED that F5. why? simple: i love the integrated vertical grip, i do lots of vertical shots. and in 20 years, i bet some people will be paying a month's salary for one, just let it happen... :sexywink:

There are other places but I have found KEH to be a stand up firm! What ever they say it is, it is and a little bit (sometimes a lot) more.

It would be worth the piece of mind to buy form them rather than someone who may or may not really exist.

Good luck and enjoy the F5!!

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
see, i really want the F5, so what? no need to talk me into something different.

I was at a camera fleamarket just this Saturday past... they had about 6 of them, all in *visually* great looking condition, all were between $300-$400 Canadian. Now, they could have been empty cases for all I know, I did not even look... I was too busy looking for Nikon flashes... lol

F100? no, i NEED that F5. why? simple: i love the integrated vertical grip, i do lots of vertical shots. and in 20 years, i bet some people will be paying a month's salary for one, just let it happen... :sexywink:
i doubt people doing that for a F5, now a F6 in the future might do that.

no i'm just kidding. i want the F5 as a tool, not as an investment. i really like it and i've just checked KEH and they have an "excellent" one for 399... sounds good to me. :D

no i'm just kidding. i want the F5 as a tool, not as an investment. i really like it and i've just checked KEH and they have an "excellent" one for 399... sounds good to me. :D

KEH's rating system is usually higher than they say. BGN (bargain) for example, is usually in better condition than other stores versions of "bargain". IMO, you really can't go wrong with KEH.

F6 is one hell of a tool though, stay top-of-the-line for a good while yet.

I'd like to be able to say that Nikon will make an F7, but unfortunately most of the professionals that still use film do large format, not 35mm. Unless they priced it at $500 there just wouldn't be buyers.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back