I NEED A CAMERA!! Any help?

adutchtraveller

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So hello!

My name is Danny Mellema, a traveller from the Netherlands. I am of age 20. Soon I will be departing my country on a trip across the globe. With this, I would like many extreme quality pictures for my blog and instagram. To capture perfectly the tall, fierce mountain that stands before me, or the long, wide cool lake I will dive in. To be able to shoot the running deer and speeding moped. Have smiles in HD. In short, I want to photograph all. Yet, with my device I would also want film my journey. Besides the obvious, I have a few more requirements:

So filming and shooting pictures in high quality. Not too heavy. Able to send pictures with Bluetooth or Wi-Fi, good batter duration. Good endurance and water proof.

Is it possible to find a high quality camera for less than 500 euros? Any advice on what kind? Any other advice towards taking the pictures and videos would be highly appreciated as well!

Let me know what you use your camera mainly for!

Thank you in advance.

That's true.. I might have a look into smartphones as well! Thank you for answering.

The Nikon 1 AW1 is small, light, waterproof to 50 ft (for that lake you mention), and does video. I don't think it will upload via wifi, but it does about everything else you specify. I have one and love it. Just get an extra battery (you should with any camera you decide on).

Here's a descent review:

Last edited:
The Nikon 1 AW1 is small, light, waterproof to 50 ft (for that lake you mention), and does video. I don't think it will upload via wifi, but it does about everything else you specify. I have one and love it. Just get an extra battery (you should with any camera you decide on).

Here's a descent review:

So I have done some research as well.
I came to two options:
-GoPro HERO5 Black
-Sony Cybershot DSC-RX100 mark III

Now I decided to take the second one, as the quality and options are far more better than the GoPro, of which the appeal was mainly the simplicity, it being handy and waterproof.
The camera you recommend however, does go underwater. Thank you for your advice! I shall take it with me and decide what I shall do.

Most reactions

Back