I think I'm gonna be sick...

) I would like to hear more on that Jerry.

Choosing locations? There are a millions ways to get a couple out of direct or strong back light conditions. The most obvious being a simple change in direction they are standing and you are shooting.

How about instead of taking a pic with nothing but pure white behind them, a blurred building in the background? A green field? The outside walls of the church lightly blurred? Angles... straight on are nice and traditional, but from above, from below... These kinds of shots are the fun ones, the unique ones, especially if you use wide angles carefully.

More than that is hard to say exactly becuase locations are so varied and unless you are there, one cannot be much more specific.

In a wedding scenario, one of the things that SHOULD be happening BEFORE the event, is discussions where the formals and other shots will be happening (other than where the obvious ceremony pics). If you leave it to blind luck, 90% of the time, that luck will be BAD luck.

I feel I may have totally missed the mark on what you were asking, Lyncca. :)

I'm NOT going to comment about the wedding... I saw NO mention of a wedding in this thread... I will NOT air my views on inexperienced people trying to shoot weddings... again.

LOL

My eyes are tired at looking at the monitor all friggin' day, but the photos on the links look okay to me. Pixel peeping might reveal what the OP is trying to get help with though. The only comment I would say about the photos is to be mindful of "stuff" growing out of your subjects' heads. Most are having this issue.

(kundalini... shhh! Quit trying to be a ****disturber, you're killing my concentration... lol)
What are you saying Jerry? [click] :lmao:

I agree that the linked samples are not terrible (but not great), and you should avoid the concepts of 'clients' and 'wedding' until you don't have to ask questions like "How do I get clear pictures".

Wow. I almost don't know what to say. I will admit it was very hard to read the mocking and harsh words. However, I will graciously thank you for taking the time to reply to my thread. I have learned a lot through trial and error and try not to let negative comments discourage me. Thank you lyncca for posting the links to some pictures as I didn't have time to do that yesterday. I don't feel the need to add any other pictures as I think my question has already been answered.

Go with the artists' bamboozle! It's not out of focus - it's art. Sorry, couldn't resist. ;)

Could it be a problem with the gear? Do you get the same results on your back-up gear? If it's not a malfunction then it's a problem with your camera handling, your focusing technique, or too low of a shutter speed.

You say you don't have time to correct your errors. If that's really true the I'd say you've over extended yourself, because I don't see what other options you have than to practice until you get it right.

I'm NOT going to comment about the wedding... I saw NO mention of a wedding in this thread... I will NOT air my views on inexperienced people trying to shoot weddings... again.

Then here, Jerry, let me comment for you.

IF YOU CANNOT TAKE PICTURES THAT ARE IN FOCUS DO NOT SHOOT SOMEBODY'S WEDDING.

It really is that simple.

Post some images, equipment you have and I will be glad to try to help you fix your problems (as will many others), but I cannot stress enough the fact that you REALLY need to be up to speed and ready to go to shoot weddings... they only happen once, and you don't want to screw them up... messing up somebody's wedding pictures is a BAD thing.

Yeah... tell us what your working with

This will be my last comment on this thread (not the forum). I just wanted to say that my problem is fixed. I posted this thread while extremely stressed. I am sure you have had days like that. However, since I now know my problem and how to fix it there is no need to further post pictures for examples. Thanks again for your comments.

I would be interested in hearing what the problem was and how it was corrected. If anything, just for future reference for me.

Okay... you've got me. That was not my last post. ;)

I really need to work on my lighting, getting it perfect. That will help my sharpness. Also, I had my focus meter set to center and I would focus and then reframe the picture. That wasn't working for me, at least not right now. It may have caused me to be more shaky and allow the subject time to move from that focused point. Those are my two main issues right now that I'll be working on. Look for posts from me in the future with hopefully some great examples of better pictures.

I really need to work on my lighting, getting it perfect. That will help my sharpness. Also, I had my focus meter set to center and I would focus and then reframe the picture. That wasn't working for me, at least not right now. It may have caused me to be more shaky and allow the subject time to move from that focused point. Those are my two main issues right now that I'll be working on. Look for posts from me in the future with hopefully some great examples of better pictures.

I don't ever use center focus when shooting subjects that are (relatively) still, what I do is center the focus point on the eye/eyes as best I can and try to keep all individuals as close to parallel to my focus plane as I can... which is what it sounds like you have figured out...

It is kind of a pain until you get used to it, but you end up nailing focus just about every time this way.

Best wishes.

Read this:

392652867_e6d1d796e4.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back