i want sharp!!

duelinthedeep

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
i'm a beginner. i have a minolta maxxum 70 and i've been taking some shots
and i've noticed the pictures aren't too sharp.....
is sharpness limited with the camera(being 35mm)?
is the camera just not good for sharp pictures?
how can i get a really crisp sharp picture?
i'm taking green grass and blue sky type of pictures...i want to give the pictures
alot of color. i dont want dull colors. what should i do??
any tips or advise would help lots.

There's too many variables and options and whatnot that effect pretty much anything in film photography.

Film, film developer, film flatness, ISO, lens, tripod, contrast...yikes.

But I guess in general, it depends on your lens glass, a steady camera and proper focusing.

Tripod, remote release, good lens, slide film (try Velvia 100)

i understand what you guys are saying....
is the camera able to take sharp pictures??
sometimes i think that the camera isn't able to take sharp pictures for some reason....

Assuming it's not damaged then yes the camera should take sharp pictures. You may need to post an example or explain mroe clearly what isn't sharp, since at first you talked about colour.

When you say it's not sharp it's hard for anyone here to tell if you're talking about colour, focus, camera shake etc.

Azuth said:
Assuming it's not damaged then yes the camera should take sharp pictures. You may need to post an example or explain mroe clearly what isn't sharp, since at first you talked about colour.

When you say it's not sharp it's hard for anyone here to tell if you're talking about colour, focus, camera shake etc.

well the pictures are in focus but i want a sharper picture. i wanna get a good texture out of it....
i dont know if i'm explaining myself good enough?:confused:

i want to take pictures of moss and stuff like that. thats why i need to know if the camera is capable of doing that so i wouldn't waste money
on lenses and what-not.

Buy or borrow a polarizing filter and run a roll of film through it. The images on the link I posted show the effect it can have on the vibrancy of colour, particularly in outdoor shots.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back