If You Have Nothing to Say, Don't Say Anything at All

thisthreadz.jpg

Track & Field . . . I don't know about that one, but I read Field and Stream.

Like you might scare all the trout & salmon and ruin your fishing trip.

Why not follow your own advice unpopular?

Not by me - I'm talking about sporting magazines and fishing.

This isn't leading up to Charlie and Amolitor being Gatekeeper and Keymaster, is it?

Oooo which is which? Charlie strikes me as more of a power gatekeeper.

This forum sees a lot of people who come in with one or two quick questions, then vanish. Never see them again. On the other hand, we get those new members who DO have a genuine interest in learning.. and the more they get involved, the more detailed and useful their C&C becomes. I don't think there's anything to be done with the occasional "stop in" or even the people who might maintain their membership but only drop in once in a while to browse.. for those that stick around and actively take part, I don't think it's a BAD thing that they not only improve upon their ability to TAKE photos, but to recognize the right elements in other photos as well.

Unless I'm mistaken, that was what unpopular was getting at? That more involvement by everyone in general is beneficial to those providing C&C and those receiving it. In any event.. 207 posts and 133 likes later, I'd say it's been a worthwhile thread with quite a few different perspectives that will in one way or another, educate or help somebody in their evaluations of work posted on this site.

When somebody asks if you are a pro, YOU SAY YES.

Oh no.. is the Ghostbusters theme bleeding over to this one too? :lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back