In trouble again...

CdTSnap

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have to rant... appoligies.

So first let me start by saying im VERY tired and worn out at the moment, but to the point. Today I had this ******* customer ring me at work yelling down the phone because his order wasnt there on time, swearing, name calling, even dropped the C Bomb on me. I said to him once "Mate it wasnt my order, the guy isnt here but if you calm down ill happily take over and sort this out for you" I thought that was ok personally. Next minute he flips out again saying "I dont give a f**k whos order is was, your all useless c**ts" <<<< another C Bomb.

So I said to him "I dont need this **** mate, if your going to speak with some respect give me a call back" and hung up.

Now my job deals with pretty big dollar value orders (Commercial construction) but i dont care how much they are spending im not paid enough to put up with that BS

THEN one of the other sales reps come in asking me what the hell I think im doing talking to a customer like that? I turn around and say "Listen mate, I didnt take his **** and im not going to take yours so I would recommend leaving before I really flip out and come talk to me later"

Best part is, I just had a meeting with the BIG boss and he pretty much said "Forget it big fella, ill sort them out" lol <<< AWESOME BOSS.

But really who thinks im wrong?

I knew I wasn't a unreasonable lol

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

You are not wrong at all and did exactly what I used to tell my employees to do. Part of the job is to take customer complaints and try to assist them, however if a customer turns abusive to terminate the conversation as quickly and nicely as possible and send them to me .

You were wrong. You should have just asked him to come in so that you could c*nt punch him.

Your co-worker probably only heard you swearing at a customer which was likely why they reacted as they did. The only "wrong" part, in my view, is that you lost your cool enough to swear back; that's perfectly understandable when a client is being abusive and insulting toward you, however in an ideal world you just want to maintain a professional standard and not lower yourself to their level. And yes terminating the call at that point is the right thing to do, they are not listening and are simply venting and you're not paid to sit there and have a customer vent their anger at you.

Hopefully your site has call recording so that should help plus with your boss on your side that's already a good thing !

If you're bitching about your job online on some random forum, chances are you are in the wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite thing to do, when an overly irate customer was cussing me out, would be to just hang up. Don't say a word; just hang up.

The caller will be ranting, so they're unlikely to hear that "click". Then when they stop and hear nothing, they'll get pissed and call back, demanding to talk to the person who just hung up on them. The response would always be "No, nobody here would do that, sorry". And then I'd hang up again.

My boss knew I did that, and he was always cool with it...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back