iPhone 5, meh....

Htc One S FTW!!!

They're all just phones. One will be better than the next one day and then vice versa, over and over and over again, etc, etc etc.

2MIL in 24 hours? I'd say that its the cream of the crop and has the numbers to back it...

Apple: iPhone 5 pre-orders topped 2M in 24 hours

But back to my original question... If you can now Facetime over cellular networks, will that be retroactive for the 4s as well?

Windows sucks... Thats what it has to do with. Windows mobile/CE was based on the most stable OS windows has ever had and it was STILL terrible. If Win7 was decent and wasn't riddled with constant freezing, crashing, periodicly slow response, and everything else under the sun, then I might have more faith in their new mobile platform.... But that isnt the case. It seems some things never change.

Seriously?? Do you even use W7? Unless you go out and find some nasty virus somehow, W7 is the most stable OS ever- it never crashes. If you're talking IE you may have a point.
I build gamer PCs for people at home, and maintain all the W7 machines at work: W7 is nearly bulletproof. And if you haven't tried one of the new windows phones out, you have zero idea what you're talking about. The new windows phones ROCK. Period.

Thats cute, you assemble computer parts and install Windows 7 on them. I build computers too.... Oh, and design hardware with Verilog and FPGA's, and develop Windows software. Theres a reason why WinXP was in use for nearly 10 years and many companies still use it and it aint because it was unstable. "If it aint broke, don't fix it". Win7 has been going "strong" for what, 3 years now and it's alredy being replaced by Win8? Yea, Microsoft clearly sees it as a strong platform.

I'm glad you think I'm cute, and I am quite impressed by your (and SamSpade1941's) vast IT and developer expertise. I only know what I experience (also, I meant to say "Microsoft's most stable OS" for what it's worth). XP was and is a security nightmare. I have no idea just how much malware and how many viruses I've had to painstakingly clean from many, many XP machines over the years, but it has been "a lot". And driver problems, OMG. Sure, it was way better than what MS trotted out before XP, and then Vista had issues. But Win7 has been a godsend for me, vastly better than XP in terms of staying clean and secure. Screw XP, I utterly hate it- it's old school in my book. Win8 appears to be more for mobile platforms, plus they murdered the start menu. I hope I like the final product better than the beta.

Well at this point we will agree to disagree. The fact is the better mousetrap is the one that sells the most. It is a cold hard fact of business, you do not have to agree but it is the way it is.

Have a good evening.

It's not a matter of agreeing to disagree though. You are arguing a completely different point then I am, but trying to manipulate it in a way to make it relevant to what I said, when it's not at all. Using sales figures as leverage to describe why a product is good/better/best is a cop out and irrelevant in this discussion. It sells a lot, therefore it must be a great upgrade.

The Iphone 5 has topped 2 million pre-orders, so according to your logic, it's the best phone (un)available right now, because of it's pre-order sales. That's where I fail to agree.

Last edited:
SamSpade1941 said:
Well at this point we will agree to disagree. The fact is the better mousetrap is the one that sells the most. It is a cold hard fact of business, you do not have to agree but it is the way it is.

Have a good evening.

If only I was talking about it in a business sense. There are a lot of things that go into selling a product other than product quality. The best sold product could also just be the best marketed instead of being the best option.

Photography is a prime example of this. Sometimes the better photographer is not as popular not because of the product they're producing but because of their poor marketing.

So saying "that's the way it is" doesn't really prove anything. And I think my marketing professors would agree.

Better for the market /=/ Better quality product

But it's w/e.

Have a good morning.

Last edited:
screw Apple AND android...wheres the Linux phone? they could call it the LPhone.
i swear this is the song that never ends.
here you go, in case 11 pages wasn't enough. :lol:

nikon is better than canon, which is better than pentax, which is better than sony.
Digital has no soul, film is better. always better.
ford is better than chevy.
blue is better than green
asus is better than acer
HP is better than Dell.
primes are better than zooms.
external pacing @ 70 joules is better than a 2-10mcg/kg/min dopamine drip.

hope I didn't miss anything. :mrgreen:

pixmedic said:
screw Apple AND android...wheres the Linux phone? they could call it the LPhone.

nikon is better than canon, which is better than pentax, which is better than sony.
asus is better than acer
HP is better than Dell.

Hey! This debate is different. We're getting into some deeper s*** like "what is the definition of better." lol

Also a Linux phone would kind of suck because then you'd have to manually install all of your apps. :(

pixmedic said:

asus is better than acer
HP is better than Dell.

Hey! This debate is different. We're getting into some deeper s*** like "what is the definition of better." lol

Also a Linux phone would kind of suck because then you'd have to manually install all of your apps. :(

You are aware that the Android OS is a derivative of Linux right?

Last edited:
2MIL in 24 hours? I'd say that its the cream of the crop and has the numbers to back it...

Apple: iPhone 5 pre-orders topped 2M in 24 hours

But back to my original question... If you can now Facetime over cellular networks, will that be retroactive for the 4s as well?

I cant speak for Apple on that one, all I will say is that in the past features were available in developer releases of iOS that never made it to the public release. A good example is Siri in the developer release of iOS 5 it was active on the iPhone 4. The decision was made to restrict that functionality on the final release because it was determined that Siri uses too much processor power and shortens the battery life on a iPhone 4. Apple has already stated that Siri will not be available on the iPhone 4 and iPad 1 in the iOS 6 release what other functionality may or may not be present is unknown at this time. One can only go off of what Apple tells us also the face time over cellular I think is hinged to the LTE availability.

pixmedic said:

asus is better than acer
HP is better than Dell.

I am. Open source FTW. you are aware that I was speaking in total parody and sarcasm right?

I am. Open source FTW. you are aware that I was speaking in total parody and sarcasm right?

Actually I was replying to rexbobcat...

But yes I gathered that with the rant on brands and all...

SamSpade1941 said:

Whew..just making sure..you know how some people take things waaaay to literal here. I tried to make it as obviously non serious as possible. :)

SamSpade1941 said:

Whew..just making sure..you know how some people take things waaaay to literal here. I tried to make it as obviously non serious as possible. :)

:mrgreen:

I'm Apple fan. But I wont say that S3 is not good, do you own research and buy what you desire. I pre order my phone because I like my iPhone and the increase speed is welcome. I used to try to justify my choice but now I try to evade it. The S4 will be announce next year, I'm sure it will be faster but you know what, it's ok, Apple will keep improving their phones over the years too. My house it's all Apple because over the years I have acquired many Apple device and I really enjoy how everything interconnect, other devices do the same but I just like the way Apple devices do it. All my media it's every where, that whats important to me, also well organized too ( hate songs with no names). It's just preference, Just like with cameras there is not one single choices some great artist use Photoshop on Windows, Other on Macs, thats ok, some like cannon other Nikon.

Most reactions

Back