Law Enforcement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talk about reinforcing stereotypes! I've always maintained that the vast majority of people who want to (and join) the police force are precisely the people shouldn't be allowed to. Granted their are three sides to every story, but based on that, it's hard imagine this guy coming up smelling of roses...

It is an elected position here too.

I believe The Guardian is a tabloid out of the UK that now has a US edition. I looked at their jobs; they don't seem to be looking for example for an editor with experience in journalism, PR, communications, etc.; they seem to want someone with a 'voice' for their self described liberal site who has some experience with national magazines, websites, etc.

This is part of the reason those of us on here who were saying we almost majored in college in journalism might be glad we didn't. I don't know why MSN uses these sort of stories that are inaccurate.

In an article/videos from local newspaper/TV station where this happened, there's info. that The Guardian article neglected to include. The driver took them on a chase and reportedly wouldn't stop, drove into oncoming traffic, etc. and had meth, pot, and amphetamines in his system. Shooting the driver to stop him certainly should have been a last resort, but if he was on drugs that likely contributed to his irrational behavior and there seemed to be no stopping him.

Their state bureau of investigation found the shooting was justified. I heard at some point officers being told to use deadly force if needed, and to use a shotgun to stop this. I don't think what the sheriff said was relayed to the officers during pursuit or may have been said after it ended, I'm not sure. Since the sheriff was recorded saying what he said, I think some action dealing with his behavior should have been taken but don't know if it was or not. At least I hope he doesn't get re-elected.

I believe The Guardian is a tabloid out of the UK that now has a US edition

The Guardian like the Times or the Post is a broadsheet and a respected one. The story in my view is just another person pointlessly shot by American police. Perhaps they had grounds to do I dont no its your society but in my view police are trained badly. The thing that sums up the story is key words "Reserve Deputy" just another wanabe robocop.

I do not know if this was the case here or not, but I too believe some criminals just need to be shot.

I believe The Guardian is a tabloid out of the UK that now has a US edition

The Guardian like the Times or the Post is a broadsheet and a respected one. The story in my view is just another person pointlessly shot by American police. Perhaps they had grounds to do I dont no its your society but in my view police are trained badly. The thing that sums up the story is key words "Reserve Deputy" just another wanabe robocop.
Guardian is now tabloid, much to Bestbeloved's disgust. Same content, mind.

I do not know if this was the case here or not, but I too believe some criminals just need to be shot.
People have rights, no matter what you want to believe.

abe.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back