Lens advice

This summer I purchased the 6D mark II and got the 24-105 F 4. It is strange to me that they call an L series lens a "kit" lens. It is fantastic. I use it for landscapes and it is a great on a full frame camera. I value speed and have faster lenses but for landscapes f 4 is normally fine - in fact one would normally shoot at a higher aperture setting anyway. Also, 24mm has been more than wide enough (for me) on a full frame body.

I see this is what you got. I think you will really enjoy it.

Thank you both for your comments. The lens I got is the EF 24-105 f1.4L IS USM. I probably wouldn't notice a quieter lens. My wife says I'm going deaf because I don't hear (listen to) her like I used to. :02.47-tranquillity:

Enjoy the new camera and lens. It will help you make great photos. The 6d is so under rated. On paper it's specs are underwhelming. On photo paper it's image quality is super.

Great lens too

Thank you both for your comments. The lens I got is the EF 24-105 f1.4L IS USM. I probably wouldn't notice a quieter lens. My wife says I'm going deaf because I don't hear (listen to) her like I used to. :02.47-tranquillity:

Selective hearing comes with age.
My mother had trouble hearing, then she surprised me by commenting on something that I whispered to my wife. So much for being hard of hearing.

My mother had trouble hearing, then she surprised me by commenting on something that I whispered to my wife. So much for being hard of hearing.
And that's an important lesson to learn. Women can hear through walls !!! It will really help your marriage.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back