smoke665
Been spending a lot of time on here!
- Joined
- Mar 29, 2016
- Messages
- 17,050
- Reaction score
- 10,444
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos NOT OK to edit
Attended my granddaughters graduation from Mizzou at Hearnes Center on campus, a large indoor arena. I guess the school must be on an austerity program because only a fraction of the overhead lights were on and those that were, cast a yellowish glow. Shooting from seating about 30' above the floor. The first is ISO 25600, F/5.6, 1/80 200 mm, with a heavy crop. The WB was sampled from the white program Our Bailey is far left on both images
no-image-available-grid.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr
The second is at ISO 12800, F/4.5, 1/100, 50 mm cropped, but not as much as the first. Again the WB was sampled from the program on the chair behind them.
no-image-available-grid.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr
I knew the lighting would be bad going in, but I didn't anticipate the problem being as bad as it was. Obviously can't do it over, but any suggestions for the future? 2nd granddaughter graduates in 2 yrs, so I have time to practice LOL
I just got started editing these in LR, and will probably take them into PS to do the final editing. Again suggestions?
no-image-available-grid.jpg by William Raber, on FlickrThe second is at ISO 12800, F/4.5, 1/100, 50 mm cropped, but not as much as the first. Again the WB was sampled from the program on the chair behind them.
no-image-available-grid.jpg by William Raber, on FlickrI knew the lighting would be bad going in, but I didn't anticipate the problem being as bad as it was. Obviously can't do it over, but any suggestions for the future? 2nd granddaughter graduates in 2 yrs, so I have time to practice LOL
I just got started editing these in LR, and will probably take them into PS to do the final editing. Again suggestions?
Last edited:
).
I "shoot" manual, I "save" as Raw files to the SD card, unless I need a hurry up JPEG, in which case I'll save as Raw+. In my OP, I mentioned that the WB was adjusted by sampling the white programs. Thank you for looking/commenting and thank you for the congratulations. However, it was my granddaughter, not daughter who graduated. 