Little Baby

Kellog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So maybe for my second post I could get some constructive criticism. Basically my “first” people pictures I am sort of happy with. Normally I enjoy other types of subjects (like motorsports, RC sport, animals, landscape but not people).

But I am a bit unsure of the picture:

baby1.jpg

1. I personally think babies should be “soft” but I'm not sure how far to push or not push softness?

2. Also I wonder the pictures overall lighting and the effect on the skin tone or lack of, I am still trying to learn how to use the light and the flash.

3. I only did a bit on the eyes (unmask sharpen only) but maybe since the eyes pop the entire picture is too soft?

It would be very interesting to hear your views, in a sense I sort of like the picture but also the picture feels wrong maybe something missing, maybe the skin tones, maybe the lighting if you understand what I mean?

This one I thought was cool, happen to have the fisheye lens on! LOL

baby2.jpg

Oh I love both of them, they are so sweet.

I love the big, blue eyes! I really like the sharp eyes, but overall softness in #1. The skin tone also looks good to me. I'm not sure about the crop/composition, though. It feels a little tight on the bottom. I think I would do a very tight crop around the face to balance out the tight chin. I think a slightly different angle would have been better, though. The angle of the baby's head seems a little uncomfortable to me.

#2 made me laugh out loud. It is a real keeper! :)

To everyone, thanks for complements!

JenR: Really good points on the first picture, not sure why I cropped off the bottom. The angle does look off a bit… will try something this week.

Tried something a bit different today, I wanted to do something in B&W, one a bit hard and one a bit soft.

baby3.jpg

baby4.jpg

Oh no those are too much! So cute! Do you mind if I steal that idea from you? LOL My best friend just had a baby yesterday!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back